• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swede Mil ammo specs... does anyone know?

delinquent pleb

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2017
Hey everyone, I’m keen to find out about the mill ammo used by Sweden that went well with the M38. Hoping to load something will loosely along with the sights on the rifle. Thanks in advance.

Sierra's 'Accuracy Load' with 6.5x55 Swede is: 140grain HPBT Matchking with 35.8grains of Varget at 3.050" OAL.
Velocity listed as 2500 fps, so its not a hot load by any means, and should work fine in an old Swedish M96. (As always, start lower and work up.)
Worked well for me a few years ago when I tested it in my Tikka Sporter. (With Fed GMM primers it was ~0.8 MOA in a couple of 5-shot groups)

Last edited:
M/41 ammunition actually sported a 141.5gr bullet - took time to disassemble and carefully weight some out of different lots.
Sierra 142SMK is actually VERY close to original bullet.

Reactions: sandwarrior
To add to this thread, I have extensive experience with the Swedish Mauser and the AG-42 Ljungman.

For the Swedish Mausers I would recommend Reloader-22 if you can find it as it is widely believed to be very close if not the exact same powder used as in the original Swedish military loads. It is all I use for my Swedish Mauser and it has produced excellent results. Additionally, for what ever reason, I have had the best luck with the 140 Grain Nosler Custom Competitions in my M96, though they have been hard to find as of late.

The AG-42 has some additional considerations to make and RL-22 is not suitable.

I hope this is helpful.

For my M38 Husky I usually shoot cast bullets at the 6” diameter plate at 200 yards.
I also have used some built remington 140 grain soft points and Nosler 140 grain custom competition bullets. Both charged with 44.0 grains of 3100. The cast bullets weigh 160 grains and charged with 18.5 grains of Rx-7.
94C99A4D-6881-4001-954E-340BF1F14EC2.jpeg

Hello shooters.

This is what I found when I went downstairs. I´m just now loading for my M96 and I have genuine bullets from m/41 snipers ammo. I don´t know what factory in Sweden they were made in because the cases were thrown away some 20 years ago when I pulled the bullets. There were variations (small) in shape and weight depending on manufacturer and this bullet is heavier than normal. Might be my scale. Specification was 139,9gn.
Since I´m Swedish I have been shooting extensively with our different types of Mausers, but the most loved one is ofcourse the m/41B.. They are quite accurate and nice.
I remember the good old days when they were "abundant"and REALLY cheap..

Both Sierra MK and Nosler CC works well for me and seems close to the m/41 prick.

Greetings from Sweden!
Fredrik.
m41.JPG

Hello shooters.

This is what I found when I went downstairs. I´m just now loading for my M96 and I have genuine bullets from m/41 snipers ammo. I don´t know what factory in Sweden they were made in because the cases were thrown away some 20 years ago when I pulled the bullets. There were variations (small) in shape and weight depending on manufacturer and this bullet is heavier than normal. Might be my scale. Specification was 139,9gn.
Since I´m Swedish I have been shooting extensively with our different types of Mausers, but the most loved one is ofcourse the m/41B.. They are quite accurate and nice.
I remember the good old days when they were "abundant"and REALLY cheap..

Both Sierra MK and Nosler CC works well for me and seems close to the m/41 prick.

Greetings from Sweden!
Fredrik.
View attachment 7486601

I was just ringing the 350m gong today with my Nosler CC load :D