• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swedish M41 sniper?

ArcticLight

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2003
Silverdale, WA
I see an importer is selling 65% condition swedish mausers, sniper, matching serial #'s at a decent price...

Are these a common rifle? $1100 seems too low...

6.5x55 though, probably a darned good shooter.

Re: Swedish M41 sniper?

If its a Sweede, it'll shoot. Just be sure the bolt is correct (arsenal restamp can render "matching numbers" useless) as they had a lot of switcheroo's with 94 bolts.

Does it come with the optic? The old AJAX scope is proper I think. Sounds like a good deal if it does.

If it comes with the Ajack 4x90 optic for that price...it is a fair price! I see the Ajack scopes selling for upwards of $1000 or so just for the scope itself in good, usable condition. If it comes with the Aga 3x65 scope, then it is DEFINITELY a damn good deal!

+1 on Kenda's comments re: the bolts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Samco Global sells M41B's all the time for that price.
M41B sniper </div></div>

That's exactly where I was looking...:)

MY smith has bought rifles from them for high dollar hunting rigs...tosses the military stuff to someone who wants it..

He's done MANY MANY K98's and just told me he gave all the stuff to a local collector...

I have all 3 variations of the M96 sniper. The Aga scope, M44 scope and the Ajax scope and much prefer the Ajax scope on the 41B

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Santo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have all 3 variations of the M96 sniper. The Aga scope, M44 scope and the Ajax scope and much prefer the Ajax scope on the 41B </div></div>

+1. It was the original. The AGA versions were pieced together to make up the difference when the Germans cancelled the original order of 5K AJACK scopes and mounts at 3500 as the Germans needed to increase their own products for war immed.
After the war, the AJACK scopes were kept as standard issue by Sweden and upgraded with lens coatings in the 1950's, and some mount base improvements, and the AGA versions were deemed substitute standard and surplussed out

I thought these ones were being built out of left over parts by Samco.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomme boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought these ones were being built out of left over parts by Samco. </div></div>

I talked to Abda at SAMCO yesterday, as I was curious about these M41B's.
She said those left had matching bolts/receivers but wouldn't go any further than that.
I feel that they were left overs from their initial sniper stock that were missing bands or other pieces, and no one had time to sit down and make complete rifles out of them.
The price is fair as the AJACK 4X90 scope and mount/base by itself will bring more than that on any auction site. BTW, they don't come with a scope can, or lens covers like they used to.
I was thinking of buying another M41B myself.
If I do I'll post here what the condition is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Hull</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomme boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought these ones were being built out of left over parts by Samco. </div></div>

I talked to Abda at SAMCO yesterday, as I was curious about these M41B's.
She said those left had matching bolts/receivers but wouldn't go any further than that.
I feel that they were left overs from their initial sniper stock that were missing bands or other pieces, and no one had time to sit down and make complete rifles out of them.
The price is fair as the AJACK 4X90 scope and mount/base by itself will bring more than that on any auction site. BTW, they don't come with a scope can, or lens covers like they used to.
I was thinking of buying another M41B myself.
If I do I'll post here what the condition is. </div></div>

Does anyone know when Samco stopped supplying scope cans with their 41B's?

It was approximately 1-2 years ago. About 5 years ago they sent my M41b w/o can or lens covers. I complained about that and they quickly "found" and sent them to me. The can was S/N'd to my rifle, and it was old.
No other problems after that.

Mike Hull said:
It was approximately 1-2 years ago. About 5 years ago they sent my M41b w/o can or lens covers. I complained about that and they quickly "found" and sent them to me. The can was S/N'd to my rifle, and it was old.
No other problems after that.

Thanks for the info.