• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swedish Mauser M96 (6.5 x 55mm)

The Lawn Ranger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Northern Kentucky
mil rifle shooters,

I am looking to pick up one of these in good-very good condition and I have a couple questions:

1. What is a good source to obtain one?

2. What can I expect to pay for a +90% condition with matching part numbers?

I have always been intrigued by this weapon/caliber and look forward to shooting and reloading for it.

Thanks in advance.

Swedish Mauser M96 (6.5 x 55mm)

ema2ahuv.jpg

I'd sell you mine if i could lol. I built it from parts I found at shop. All I had to order was magazine plate/ trigger guard and safety.

I never got around to getting dies and brass for it. It was over shadowed by my hk.

Last edited:
Good luck, I have one that has been bubba'ed that I want to put back to "as issued" condition. Seems parts for these puppies are rare as hen's teeth.

The private market is pretty much the only place left. There are a couple/few online shops that will have small numbers of them on occasion, but the days of large numbers of imports are long gone. I would say that you can expect to pay $350-$450 for one in VG-Excellent condition with matching numbers. More if it has the target sights.

Try Simpsons LTD they have a good selection most of the time .

I looked at the link posted for the Simpson LTD M96's. I din't realize that a 90%+ all matching correct M 96 would be so difficult to find. I gave up after the first page. I have seen them at gun shows but they were asking in the $500-$600 range now I know why.

Bring bank. I just saw a nice 1911 all matching down to the cleaning rod change hands for seven hundred and change.