• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 10x vs Vortex PST 4-16x50 image color /clarity?

SpookyPistolero

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
I'm already own both of these scopes, the SWFA sits on my. 22 trainer and the Vortex on my main 308. After my last couple of range outings, however, I began wondering if my SWFA isn't the clearer and crisper of the two.

Am I crazy, or has anyone else found this to be the case? I'm strongly considering switching the optics out.

I have had both and still have the PST. I didn't think the SS was any clearer. Good glass on both. You lose all the features of the PST if you switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I think the new PSTs with the aluminum mag ring have a little better glass then the ones with the rubber ring. At least it seems so to me with the 4-16 FFP.

Hmm. Tough choice. I guess I might fiddle around with the vortex before committing. I may bump into a few guys at the range to taste test the glass, haha.

I have the FFP PST4-16 with the aluminum mag ring and it is crystal clear with no real aberration. I really like the glass in it. It is on my 300 WM and has no problem standing up to the abuse.

Last edited:
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I think fix power scopes have better glass than variable powers scopes. I think fix power scope are easier to make. But they are limited. They come out of the box with one magnification and one field of view.
My Sightron 10x I think has better glass than my Vortexs, Sightron, Nikon, or Leopold. But its very limited.
Your SWFA 10x probably is clearer. But not by much.

Last edited: