• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 10X42 zero stop shim kit?

filefish

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2006
anaheim
I saw some mention of a zero stop shim kit for some SWFA scopers. I have had the 10X42 for many years and zero stop would be a great addition. as a matter of fact, I was looking to upgrade the scope but if I could just get a zero stop on this scope it would be great.

Also, I've had this scope for probably 15 years and the bikini just basically dissolved.

I liked it because you could see through it, any ideas where to find a see through bikini cover that fits this scope?

Mine is MOA... this sentance is a little unclear "Only the shims for MOA based scopes are different. "

I would send him a message and ask what he can do for MOA models.
That's the guy that makes them and he's a member here as well.

Reactions: filefish
It's a "Kit". My parts are in MIL's, however they are built on different size shims. You will need to mess around a little with it either way (MIL or MOA) to get it right. Just convert the math 1 x MIL=3.6 x MOA .

It's a "Kit". My parts are in MIL's, however they are built on different size shims. You will need to mess around a little with it either way (MIL or MOA) to get it right. Just convert the math 1 x MIL=3.6 x MOA .

So, it’s the same kit for milliradian as for MOA, it’s just that the shims are marked in MILs?

Here's my two cents.

As long as the shims are the same ID and OD, you should be able to get them to work for a MRAD or MOA scope.

Most likely you'll just need to tinker with them a bit.

I don't know for sure and don't wish to give mis-information. There might be MOA & MIL specific kits. I would PM TimK. He can answer all these questions

The kits Tim sells are 5 plastic washers in different thicknesses. They aren't made for precise .01 Mil or MOA elevation increments. They're graduated for full (5 MIL) revolutions (very coarsely). There's a link to a video in the eBay listing I posted for you, it should explain the concept. For my 12x SWFA SS the shims did not match my turret revolutions and I had to use much less but it still worked out fine.

You can also just use rubber garden hose gaskets, washing machine hose gaskets, or metal washers. Take your elevation cap to the hardware store to find the correct size diameter that fits into the cap and buy a few different packs. Stack them up under the turret to match your specific zero settings.

Neither method is going to give you exact results but buying Tims's product is a whole lot easier and worth $22 in time. Send him a message to see if he has an MOA version available. Just a guess but the only difference would be the shim thickness, as the interior knob diameter is probably the same on MOA and MIL models.

HI I want to say I have had dozens of swfa scopes threw the years and I use plastic engine drain plug seals or plastic washers from a automotive parts house , as long as they fit inside turret cap and have hole in center that clears turret shaft , I like the feel of the hard stop with plastic best . if you do not understand I can get one and snap a picture for you LOU

He responded to me on eBay and basically said it was the same kit but just took more fiddling with on a MOA scope.

Reactions: delfuego