• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 110% GUARANTEE ??????????????

GMAC7949

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2009
Texas
Im not much on bashing companys on the hide but when a friend of mine went to SWFA to get a price match on a Scope (Trigicon) due to the fact that SWFA is local they said they couldn't do it because they would loose money!!
So my friend went to Liberty Optics and ordered one for the low price.
There goes the 110% Guarantee out the door.
I thought everyone should know this!!
You can look at my past post and I have never once bashed anyone on here but this isnt right!!!!

Re: SWFA 110% GUARANTEE ??????????????

edit: it seems that swfa is trying to make this right. good on em.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gmac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im not much on bashing companys on the hide but when a friend of mine went to SWFA to get a price match on a Scope (Trigicon) due to the fact that SWFA is local they said they couldn't do it because they would loose money!!
So my friend went to Liberty Optics and ordered one for the low price.
There goes the 110% Guarantee out the door.
I thought everyone should know this!!
You can look at my past post and I have never once bashed anyone on here but this isnt right!!!!</div></div>

so this is second hand info.....and you were not in the loop as far as the deal goes....did i get that right ????.....cause if that's the case.....you may wish to be certain about pitching a hissy fit on hearsay ....cause you'll dig yourself a hole so deep....you will surpass Pistol Pete in not being believed.....was it your deal or not ?

Please read this before you bash; per SWFA's site!
If you find a lower price at any competitor's store on a new identical item just show us the lower price when you buy the item at SWFA or within 10 days after your SWFA purchase and we'll give you 110% of the difference.

Our 10-day price-match guarantee is good on everything from optics to accessories. The item must be in stock and available for purchase at that price from a company (excluding wholesale or membership clubs) with a physical store location in the U.S. who is authorized by the manufacturer to sell the product.

•Item must be identical: For example, it must have the same U.S. manufacturer's warranty. It must also have the same model number and contain the same components.
•Price Verification: SWFA reserves the right to verify another company's product availability and price before issuing a price match guarantee. Computer screenshots is not acceptable as proof of a competitor's price - the lower price must be accurate and live on a competitor's site at the time of the price-match.
•Other Discounts: Available coupons and rebates will be deducted from the SWFA price to come up with a new SWFA price when calculating the price match. For example, if you buy an item from us for $100 and we offer a $10 rebate, the net price is $90. If the item is available from another company for $90 or more, there will be no price match. Another example would be if you buy an item from us for $139 and you have a $30 coupon; the net price is $109. If the item is available from another company for $105 the price match will be for $4.40 (110% of the difference).
•Shipping and Handling: These charges are included when comparing our price to another company's delivery price, the equivalent shipping and handling charges will be included. If proof of the other company's shipping and handling charges are not supplied, then our standard shipping and handling charges will be added to the other company's price. For example, if you buy an item from us for $100, with $10 shipping and handling, and the item is available from another company for $90 with shipping and handling charges of $7, then the difference is $13. You would receive 110% of $13, which is $14.30.
•Special Offers: If another company offers a product that comes with a free or discounted item and SWFA does not carry the free or discounted item, there will be no price match. For example, if another company offers a free product with the purchase of a scope, and the SWFA price is equal to the company's price for the scope, there will be no price match if SWFA does not carry the free product being offered.
•Quantity Limits: We may limit the quantity of an item that may be price-matched. For example, if the other company limits the number you may buy, we may also limit the number. In addition, SWFA reserves the right to limit quantities sold to a customer.
•Exclusions: We don't price match products provided or sold at local or special events (e.g., gun shows, grand opening, anniversary, clearance or liquidation sales), items sold at wholesale/membership clubs (e.g., Sam's, Costco), products sold on Internet auction sites (eBay, GunsAmerica, etc.) or products sold by distributors or wholesalers (e.g., RSR, Davidson's, companies that sell to dealers only). We also don't price match taxes, typographical errors or any item or price that includes

Being in Texas, we have to pay sales tax, which means that often SWFA is not a viable option versus out-of-state dealers. It is a messed up set of incentives for sure that you can't go with a local dealer.

It also looks like the guarantee excludes Internet-only establishments because they don't have a physical retail store. Of course, a retailer with a physical store will have higher overhead costs, which is why I tend to order from Internet-only outlets and direct from manufacturer.

BOLTRIPPER
Not my deal but a close friend and he would not tell me this if it wasnt true, he was standing right next to me when I wrote this post, and he is a hide member. Oh its true and I'm sure he will chime in and give his two cents aswell.
I have delt with SWFA before and not again.
You do carry quit a big selection of scopes, Im not telling no one to stop buying from SWFA Just if they are not going to stand behind there 110% Guarantee than remove it!!
As far as anybody beliveing me that is up to them I just wanted to make the hide members aware!!!
Boltripper it does no good to attack me. Like I said I have never bashed anyone on here, I felt like people should know about this.

No one has attact you so far as I can tell. Did you read the entire garenty policy? So far as i've read you didn't qualify. you might wanna retract your statments about SWFA untile you get it stait with them.

Turk
On the SWFA web sight in the upper right It States
110% Guarantee "we will beat any price"
It does say with limitations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one has attact you so far as I can tell. Did you read the entire garenty policy? So far as i've read you didn't qualify. you might wanna retract your statments about SWFA untile you get it stait with them.</div></div>

I retract nothing. You are right in the fine print it does say that. that internet pricing does not qualify but on there front page of there web page it does say any price they will beat!

The terms are right there, because you didn't read it is not SWFA's problem as well Scott probably gave you a deal that is not listed, which, is Scott's business and not subject to SWFA.

Face it, you want something not due to you, and you're just bashing SWFA like a spoil brat because you got one deal and now you want another.

Sorry Lowlight
I understand you have a intrest with SWFA and want to protect them.
Im not spoiled Im 47 years old and dont need any deals, Im not buying anything!
I do stand corrected as far as there policy is on there Guarantte but it is missleading when you click on there web page and it says what it says.

ok so.................before you really trip on your dick here A SECOND TIME....so we all know....you did not completely read the OFFER....did we all get that right ???

My interest is, people with less than all the details coming on this site and attacking a company, any company without the facts of the matter.

It's a disturbing trend and one I am not happy about, people all too quick to pull the trigger and slam a company, especially when it's second hand and clearly you didn't bother to do your homework.

This trend of people slamming first, is getting out of hand, and more than one person has noticed. it's not just this, but stuff like the fanboys raving about their favorite gunsmith while trying to put down any rivals, again with less than all the facts. Or before giving the company a chance to resolve any issues. But no, people just want to immediately go on the attack to score some invisible points, that really are just a sympton of feeling they are entitled to something they are not.

Ya, I have an interest, an interest in not seeing my site taken over by people without clue looking to bash a company because they are anonymously posting on the internet and think they can.

Just like how you left out the reason they wouldn't honor it, which I am sure was explained.

Agenda's... nothing but personal agendas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.</span>
--Frank Outlaw</div></div>

You know boltripper I said i stand corrected and after searching on swfa I finally found there policy, and its not easy to find and it is missleading.
Maybe they should say 110% with terms see policy.
I guess Im lower than pistolpete!

Who Says you cant teach a old Dog new Tricks!!
Live and Learn, Live and learn.

I'll have to call B.S. on this! No one buys Trijicon for less than we do and I guarantee you that Scott pays more than we do.

We often lose money on our 110% policy and every single one of them has to go through me.

I don't know the details of this deal but I can assure you that there is more to the story than is being revealed by gmac.

When we launched our new site the 110% did not function properly like it did on our previous site. You are supposed to be able to click on it and read the details and also fill out a form to request a price match.

Our policy does NOT exclude Internet only companies or guys that work out of their house.

Tell your buddy to come back by any time and we can discuss it face to face. Anytime anyone has a problem with SWFA they can speak directly to me and I will always resolve it to your satisfaction or offer a fair and reasonable explanation...either way you will leave happy. Of course there are always exceptions for those people that are mad at the world and unreasonalbe that can not be satisfied but we will give it 110%.

In fact tell your buddy to post a link or a copy of the ad that he claims we would not beat!!!!

Chris Farris

Fwiw, just the other day I called a dealer that I have been doing business w/ for over 20 yrs. As a courtesy they give me great prices; very close to cost! Unfortunately they didn't have the item instock; which automatically disqualifies me in the 110% ...; I called SWFA and spoke w/ Brady explained the situation and he hooked me right up w/ pricing that was close enough! Please understand that they have a store front and overhead, and are entitled in making a profit!!! If you think that ad is misleading; you are in for a rude awakening!

I am still in the process of finding a Super Sniper dealer that will sell cheaper then SWFA!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gmac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry Lowlight
I understand you have a intrest with SWFA and want to protect them........
</div></div>

This actually pisses me off more than your B.S. claims about us.

Frank would tell us to piss off in a heartbeat if we did operate a fair and honest business, I've seen him do it before. Advertising dollars are important to any business but SH is not Frank's main source of income and to suggest that he would come to our support solely based on the fact that we advertise here is extremely disrespectful and an unacceptable accusation on your part. Frank has way more patience with people like you than I could ever hope to have.

Chris Farris

Chris I have nothing aginst you or SWFA I will leave it up to my friend to contact you, He has already bought the one Scott had on his sale, posted in the optics sale form.
Im sorry for bashing SWFA My friend and I were messlead by the 110% and I stand corrected. It was hard to find the terms of this.
I know he is reading this and I leave it up to him to contact you.
But B.S. you Im not.

I'm not letting you off that easy! We did not mislead anyone, never have and never will. We did not hide behind any terms, like I said above, we DO NOT exclude Internet only companies from our 110% policy. I hope your buddy chimes in soon.

Anyone that wants to test this policy, feel free to contact me direct ([email protected]). Get your best price on anything, forget the legal ease on our site. I can assure you beyond a shadow of a doubt that no one buys for less than we do and no one has a larger inventory than we do. Find your best deal and we will beat it, it really is that simple. I don't care if it's items controlled by a minimum advertise price, if you get a better price on the phone or through a PM just let me know and we will gladly beat it.

SWFA has a stack of free shit on the prize tables on all the matches I shoot. I probably shoot an average of one major competition every 2 months. If they were trying to screw shooters they wouldn't be flooding the prize tables for us.

I've got e-mails into everyone at SWFA right now to see who dealt with this guy.

I was chasing mule deer from the 16th-22nd with Aimpoint at this bad ass ranch http://www.threeforksranch.com/ so it is feasible that someone made a judgment call in my absence, doubtful but possible.

Sweet, I'll be on a private ranch next week on a nilgai hunt.

Those are tough critters, I've never seen one go right down with one shot. What will you be using?

Chris
Im glad my friend contacted you, he told me that I bashed you before I looked in my my past post and didnt see it.
If so Im sorry, I dont make it a habit of this.
He is happy and after talking with you.
Sorry this happen but all is resolved.
you do have a great selection and good pricing and Im sure this was a one time thing.
shoot straight and God Bless

I'd say there is a dramatic difference betwen misunderstanding and being mislead.I

I've bought a few things from Scott, I've bought a few things from Chris; both run first-rate operations.

Something to learn from this,

Everyone likes having a company on here, any company where they can go to the source directly and get a situation resolved or a question answered. The ability to be able to post and have a representative from any company come on with an official answer is a huge plus, not only for me, but for everyone on this site.

When you fly off the handle and attack a company, it creates an air of hostility and they in turn will look at it and say, "no way" am I going on there just to step into a hornet's nest. So, all of you might want to consider your words before pulling the trigger on such posts, understand what you are saying, and think it out before attacking, because it effects everyone.

Too many people are too quick to judge, too quick to attack, and never consider the fact, more than 90% of these companies read this, or get told about it, and it only pushes them away, instead of them coming on like Chris did in order to resolve the situation. It's apparent too, that 75% of the criticisms on here are simply gut reactions written in hast with no real foundation in reality. When this happens, this just beccomes a place on the internet where the member don't have a clue what they are saying and the companies don't want to waste their time with you. Believe me I hear it.

So choose your words carefully when you want to attack a product or service.

Words well spoken. I personally cant imagine what alot of us would do without a SWFA, Liberty Optics,Bauerarms, Group Buys which in most cases are hard to organize and a headache to pull off. Businesses like these want to please you. Its pretty simple..businesses please the customer, customer comes back. They have to make money though to keep us coming back and in some instances the only way to do that is to take a hit on the top end of the sell while making a small sum on the bottom end with the manufacture. That sucks...but if it means you will return then everyone wins. Personally I would rather buy from someone who has reasonable prices with A1 service then save a buck and never hear from them again. Good example are the Warranties you get with a good scope MFG.I know if a purchased a USO and something went wrong with its fixed no ?s asked. SWFA is the same way. Communicate with them and they shall communicate back. Disrespect them and well, you dont deserve shit. You get respect when you give respect. By the way just so someone doesnt wonder...I have no affiliation with SWFA nor Lowlight. Just another shooter enjoying what I like to do. Shoot.

I joined Chris Farris' site optics talk about two years ago and have gotten to know him a bit over that time. He is a great guy and I know for a fact he goes out of his way for his customers. He is always doing real nice things for me to make sure I am satisfied with doing business with him and with the products I buy. And it is not like I am a huge spender with him (as I have a pretty tight optics budget), but he treats me that way.

Over and over again I have seen people get upset then jump on the forums and start to bad mouth SWFA and then watched Chris jump right in and take care of it and make it more than right, even after they have totally trashed him and his company. In many cases he hooks people up with deals that are almost to good to be true. That is just his way of doing business.

I had a rough transaction with SWFA a few years back. I sent Chris and email to complain and he was out of town to Shot Show. His nephew Christopher took care of me so fast and so to my satisfaction I was amazed. If people are upset about something, if they would just sit back take a breath and give Chris a call I am certain it will be resolved and that person will come out on top.

I have also done business with Scott at Liberty and he is the same way. He helped me get an IOR replaced when I did not even buy that particular scope from him.

They are both two honest guys working hard to have happy customers.

Kudos to Chris for coming on here and defending himself and his company. He could have stayed out of it and let other members do it for him (and they would have).

That tells me alot about him and his company, good show.

About three years ago I ordered a used Trijicon Reflex sight for my Father-in-law for his turkey shotgun from SWFA's sample list.

Well in the three weeks I had the sight to give him for his birthday he died.

I called SWFA informed them of my situation and would they take the sight back and for what trade in price, since it was used twice now but still in the box.

Chris took it back no questions asked and gave me a full refund of the cost.

What better can a person ask for in a company?

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got e-mails into everyone at SWFA right now to see who dealt with this guy.

I was chasing mule deer from the 16th-22nd with Aimpoint at this bad ass ranch http://www.threeforksranch.com/ so it is feasible that someone made a judgment call in my absence, doubtful but possible.</div></div>

Hey...I was on a ranch that neigbors then 3Forks property (a much cheaper ranch). If I had known you were there I would have driven over and snuck past security to introduce myself
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About three years ago I ordered a used Trijicon Reflex sight for my Father-in-law for his turkey shotgun from SWFA's sample list.

Well in the three weeks I had the sight to give him for his birthday he died.

I called SWFA informed them of my situation and would they take the sight back and for what trade in price, since it was used twice now but still in the box.

Chris took it back no questions asked and gave me a full refund of the cost.

What better can a person ask for in a company?

John </div></div>Sorry about your Father-in-law, but that is impressive.
smile.gif

I have only ordered one scope from SWFA (earlier this year). It was too long for the weapon (HK91 cocking handle interferance and I desired to keep the scope close to the bore ...) and so I exchanged it for a shorter scope. The exchange and the entire transaction was professionally handled. Fast shipping and excellent CS. Unfortunately they do not carry NF at this time - so my next scope may have to be purchased elsewhere (unless I can convince myself that something else in the same price range will better meet my needs for distance shooting), but SWFA is presently the first place I go to look while comparison shopping.

i dont believe any company can "always" make "everyone" happy everytime. But i believe swfa made every attempt to do that and i guess finally did. I have never bought from swfa or Liberty optics, but i will be buying from both in the very near future. I for one am very thankful to have the companys we have on here, with the level of service they have. Thanks guys

I have purchased many optics, and accessories from SWFA. They always had what I wanted in stock, and shipped right away. The sales people were very helpful, and I look foward to dealing with SWFA in the future. +1 for a great company.

I've spent a few dollars with SWFA over the years, and not enough for them to know me by name.

But they treat me like they do, every time I do business with them.

I'm spoiled, I can drive over and talk to them over the counter. They let me handle all the glass I want, knowing I'm not buying today, and answering all of my questions, listening. I buy everything I need, that they carry, when I need it.

I find Chris to be patient, courteous and helpful. Today, when I reminded him to charge me for my rings they just mounted (instead of just the boresight), he gave me a small discount.
smile.gif

I'll be back. They are human, and act accordingly. They will have all the business I can send their way.

Please read my whole post before flaming me....
Over the years I have purchased several items from SWFA and have always been satisfied.Few months ago I purchased a tripod from them for a spotter I had and when I recieved it I found out A)it wasn't exactly as advertised and B)a competitor had the same item MUCH cheaper.When I called and informed them about this I was told that I could return it for a "restocking fee".This really pissed me off and after vigorously complaining the nice lady reduced the "restocking fee".I did return it and vowed never to do business with them again....
Now the impressive part....Chris DID contact me and informed they would of course waive the fee as there was a misunderstanding.Now THAT'S how you do customer service.
And I will be buying from them again.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rat-30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.........I find Chris to be patient, courteous and helpful. Today, when I reminded him to charge me for my rings they just mounted (instead of just the boresight), he gave me a small discount.
smile.gif
</div></div>

You actually dealt with Chris Farris II (my nephew). While he was helping y'all I remoted into his computer from my office and was opening up some crazy stuff on his second monitor that y'all couldn't see then I kept moving his mouse around while he was trying to enter your order. Right about the time I was about to open some guy seeking guy ads off Craig's List (on the monitor y'all could see) he looked down at his monitor and freaked out.....that's why he was so flustered and forgot to charge you for the ARMS rings.

Glad you brought it to his attention because I would have had to dock his pay.
Indiana%20Jones.gif

its becoming more and more frequent now a days that people either do not, or pretend to not read details in certain deals. Couple this with this false sense of entitlement that a majority of folks have and it creates a situation like this. friend of mine was always like this. He would see SALE!!, make a purchase, and pay more, bitch about it, and get a discount. I think what most companies, like SWFA, are getting away from is the "customer is alwats right" attitude. I think its commendable, as it keeps it fair for everyone else. What makes it even more commendable is they will take a self-pissed off customer and turn them around. And not to forget, we all make mistakes as well.

Lots of good points on this thread.

If one is going to make an accusatory post one should have their facts strait, and make sure you have a cooling off period, don't go posting while you're still pissed. More good people have made poor posts doing that than not, I know I've done it in the past. Maybe even run it buy a couple people not involved and see what they think. It does keep companies from having a verbal presence on the boards, and that's unfortunate. As lowlight said you can bet many of the companies are reading stuff about their products here. If you do post, get your facts strait, and post a rational logical complaint about how things were handled.

People do need to read the details of these things work, you can't just see 110% guarantee and assume it's how you think it is. Advertising is designed to be sensational and sound better than it really is, consumers have to be smart enough to do the math, read the limitations and make an informed purchase. These days you have to read the fine print. It's pretty obvious to those of us that have been here awhile that SWFA goes way out of their way for customers, and does a lot for the shooting sports.

That said, and this in no way pertains to SWFA, every purchase I've made from them has gone smoothly.

Personally, I may be too negative/demanding/etc., perhaps it's because I don't make a lot of money so these are huge purchases to me and I expect a lot of value for my money. If I had tons of money I probably wouldn't care as much. I think way too many high end companies in a lot of industries (not just firearms) are getting away with way too much and not being called out on it. A lot of people think you should give the company the chance(s) to make it right, but it should have been done right the first time. Especially at the prices most of us are paying for a lot of this gear.

If I go down to walmart and buy a Remington 700 and it's not perfect I accept that. If I go buy a $300 nikon and it has issues, I accept that. However, if I order a $4000 custom rifle, scope, mountain bike, etc. it better be absolutely perfect 100%. It better have been tested, inspected and make sure it's perfect before it leaves. Anything less IMO is totally unacceptable at that level.

Now I understand we all make mistakes, every company no matter how expensive and careful lets one slip by now and then, maybe even with a little help from shipping damage. When that does happen, it's important to give the company a chance to make it right. To be polite and civil with them, at least the first time. Lately though I've been hearing, seeing, and experiencing way too many problems with companies that charge near the highest prices in their industries. Products that take multiple trips back to be fixed, with way too much downtime, and no concern or compensation for the customer. Products that were not properly tested before coming into the market, or obviously were not checked over/tested properly before leaving.

Customers need to start demanding that level of workmanship and quality control from these higher end companies and our money. When companies don't provide quality products and service after the sale, especially at this level it's just unacceptable.

On the topic of fanboys, while the fanboys from one group/company might beat up on another group/company, there's also the problem of certain companies you can't say even a slightly less than positive thing about without being crucified by said fanboys. So it goes both ways. While some problems are being over exaggerated, others are being kept quiet. When issues do come up, they are shrugged off as being second hand, someone just trying to make trouble, or repeating an issue they read somewhere else etc. Certainly the opposite is true as well, some problems are blown out of proportion.

In the end I don't think there's any way to fix that, best to try and keep a calm head, give the company at least one chance to make things right, then make a logical rational post of your issue and stay civil.