• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swfa 3-15 vs Bushnell 3-12

mdmorrow

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2013
McKinney, TX
Between one or the other which do you pick? It's for a Remington 5R 300 mag. The bushy is the ERS version with g2 reticle, not the LRHS. It'll be used both for target and hunting.

I just pulled a ss off my 5r and put a bushnell on it. That was a week ago, and I have since ordered a 3-12 lrs, and am contemplating another bushnell. Lost faith in ss here lately, not a failure tho, just do u know

I have a Bushnell 3-12 and 2 SWFA HD scopes (5-20 and 1-6). I think that they are pretty close. I think the Bushnell has slightly better glass. The SWFA have better mag range and reticles (although the new Bushnell's might have better reticle options). The SWFA scopes seem subjectively more durable. They are also heavier.

Something about the "ok for .50 bmg" rating on the 3-15 makes me feel better. I have never tried a bushnell. Rex (sniper 101) did an interesting review on the ss, he was talking about forward bolt recoil in gas guns and said some le agencies had traded in their leupold mk 4's for the 3-15s

I think it comes down to whether you want illume or not. I like the 3-15 better because it has more travel, 15X and 6m parallax. I do like the G2 reticle better in the Bushnell though, maybe a little better glass too.

The bushy 3-12 will focus down to 10yds. I think the SWFA 3-15 7yds? But between both of them, that is rare among mid power scopes. I just shot tonight in lowlight/dusk. And the bushy was much brighter than the SWFA 10x. I am on a fence as to which now IS better. But personally. I like the 3-15. The bushy is 24oz and feels quite solid. It has toothed turret caps and the SWFA has slip/stop nuts. I prefer the latter. But takes more time to "zero" the turrets. All in all. Flip a coin. Both have lifetime warranties.

Thanks for the input guys. I currently own the SWFA but have an opportunity to trade out to the Bushnell. I plan to put an LRHS on a different rifle than this one will be going on so it would be convenient to have comparable reticles across two rifles. I have no complaints about the SWFA whatsoever, just looking for somebody to give me the nudge to make the swap if there's any more info to consider. Thanks!

You can get a bushnell lrs right now for like $50 more than the swfa. Ten times the scope IMO. And Japanese made also

I just bumped it in the optics for sale section. He has one lrs left, and two other models. Seller is MKSMN