• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 5-20x50 with Weaver sunshade pics

Bizill

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2011
Tucson, AZ
So, I was one of the brats that kept asking if there will be a sunshade for the SWFA 5-20 and yes, they are in the works. No ETA. So in the meantime I ventured back over to SWFA's website and ordered up the Weaver Super Slam 4" x 50 mm objective sunshade.

There are some pictures posted by a few others that show the Weaver on the SS but not close up enough. One member here did mention that if SWFA told him the Weaver was OEM for the SS that he'd believe it. That statement was good enough for me to take the plunge.

To my eyes I too agree that it does get close enough to looking as though it's an OEM. I'd venture to say by about 95%. Outside dimension is about exact. Color and finish are where the 5% differential comes in. At any rate, GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!

Some pics...

IMG_5774.jpg

IMG_5765.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

IMG_5756.jpg

IMG_5768.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

IMG_5767.jpg

Needless to say, it's worth the measly $35 + some shipping. And when they release their purpose-built shade, I may just get that as well. But I'm pretty content with this Weaver as is.

Re: SWFA 5-20x50 with Weaver sunshade pics

Thanks for posting this. Your pics answered my next question (The BC cap fits fine).

Thanks for the review. Looks like a damn close fit.

Keep your powder dry,
Goat

Op you should add these to the SWFA 5-20 Pic thread
smile.gif

Aron-

Looks like a damn near perfect match to me. Thanks for posting the pics.

Indeed, a very close match. If photobucket would post bigger pics, you'd come more to the conclusion of the same.

I see you have an AR-10 as well.

Well, I'm winning no trophies of yet, being a beginner and all. But I plan on getting out to the 1,000 yard range here in Tucson and work my way up from the bottom. It feels good to know that I'll be starting with good glass and it allows me to have faith in the fact that misplaced shots are indeed, my fault.

When it cools down a bit I want to spend quality time behind the stick 'n glass. You guys will probably talk me into reloading at some point as well. Damn this hobby remains expensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When it cools down a bit I want to spend quality time behind the stick 'n glass. You guys will probably talk me into reloading at some point as well. Damn this hobby remains expensive. </div></div>

Yea it is a bit warm lately and you will reload sooner then you think. I only held out about 3 months after I got my rifle....
smile.gif