• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Coupon Code and 16 or 20?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug Don't Care
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2013
Louisiana
Anyone know of one? I've got to make a "budget" purchase and am going with the 16 or 20x SS.

Rifle will only be used at 100y to sight in and for load development. Then exclusively at 300y or 600y.

Would you recommend 16 or 20 power? I can only afford the fixed power at the moment and the SS seems to be the best for the money. Appreciate the advice.

16x I seen and talked to a few people who say you shouldn't go over 12x for shooting out to 1K yards. I usually keep mine at 12x. Once you get used to shooting at a certain range, higher magnification is good beyond 1K yards.

16x I seen and talked to a few people who say you shouldn't go over 12x for shooting out to 1K yards. I usually keep mine at 12x. Once you get used to shooting at a certain range, higher magnification is good beyond 1K yards.

I know some great shooters that strongly disagree with that statement. With low mirage, higher magnification kind of rocks.

A moot point, however, because I found a used 16 and no used 20s, so I went with 16. :)