• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Customer Service

chalwie

Private
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
ATL
Wanted to share this experience today. The SS 10x42 scope was on the Sample List so I ordered it online over the weekend. When I called this morning to throw some accessories into the order, the rep informed me that someone else beat me to it by a few seconds. Apparently, the website erred and placed two orders for the same scope (there was just one) - even though I received a confirmation via email.
The rep asked me to wait a few minutes while he talked to someone higher. After returning, he told me that he'll sell me a new one for the same price since it was their computer's error. Even though the Sample List only shaves off $50 since the SS scopes is so popular; the gesture on their part really made me a satisfied customer.
I've read many good reports on this forum about SWFA, so I felt comfortable ordering from them this first time. My
experience made it a slam dunk. Thanks for a very helpful forum, and thanks SWFA.
Charles

Re: SWFA Customer Service

I ordered a SS 10x42 this am and I thought everything was OK until I received a shipping notice this evening that said that they shipped me a different stock number than I ordered. I placed the order for a B grade scope stock number SPL 12506 and their notification said that they shipped me SPL 12508 which is a C grade. I don't know WTF is going on there, but their inventory and staff seem confused. By the time that I got the notification, their CS was closed, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out what is going on. Sounds like chalwie got the better deal. Did they have one in stock? I had a new one on backorder and they said that their shipment from Japan was stuck in customs and they had no idea how long it would take before the shipment clears, so I opted for used.

I would have been satisfied with used, but their website ordering software obviously needs to be improved. Let them know, and see what their response is tomorrow.

What they need to implement is a "backorder" status on the website, and keep their representatives fully informed. I was seconds away from canceling my order, but decided to see if they can redeem themselves. So far I'm undecided. I got exactly what I wanted, but "less than two weeks" turned into 2 days shy of a month.

I ordered, and then canceled my order for a ARMS #38 SPR PEQ-2-3 for my Mark 12 clone build when they sent me an email saying it was out of stock. I called and they told me Aug 13. I called again on Aug 13 and they said Sept 9, so who knows. I think I'm just going to wait until ADCO gets them in stock even if it is $4 more. They REALLY need to incorporate into their website whether an item is in stock or not.

In a large company, sometimes there's a disconnect between the website IT manager, marketing, and sales department. Sounds like they need to update software to better track inventory, instead of notifying customers after the fact. It should not be a difficult problem to fix. Hopefully SWFA will read these comments, and correct the problem. That's the value of this forum, where users and vendors have direct communication - and vendors have a chance to quickly correct issues.
Let SWFA know your disappointment and give them a chance to address it.

The top guys use the same Screen Name here. SWFA(Chris and Brady) have top notch service. Call and ask for Brady or Chris, and they will either speak with you or get back to you if you leave them a message. If you have an issue with SWFA, make sure they know so it can be fixed. They both do a great job of trying to catch all the issues 'you guys' post in this public forum.
If you search SWFA and read the threads you will find the fastest ways to contact either Chris or Brady to resolve your issues quickly and usually to your satisfaction provided you are not in the wrong

I gave them a shot at ordering my scope from them. I placed the order, then 3 days later got an email saying it was out of stock.

When I called and asked when it would be in stock, I was told this was a new item, and it would be some time before they got them in.

The customer service person I got was as helpful as possible in this situation, and took care of my request to cancel the order. She couldn't have been more helpful/pleasant regarding the whole situation. Service wise, very happy.

However, I find it to be pretty annoying that a web-store lists an optic available for sale on their website, pings my CC for the order (didn't collect, just put the funds into a pending transaction) then tells me it's going to be a month or more before they even get their first order of them in.

Why were they not listed as "pre-order's" or listed as "coming soon"? Why was my card pinged when this thing was a month out or better?

If I need to order from SWFA in the future, I'll just call in by phone and ask their customer service folks if what I'm looking for is in stock or not. However, it's just as easy to find someone else who has it listed "in stock" and order from them these days, as it is to call in prior to ordering.

I have to say that SWFA Customer Service definitely goes the extra mile to make sure its customers are taken care off. They have won me over as a loyal happy customer, and I admire a business that holds customer satisfaction with such high regard.
Thanks again, SWFA CS!!!

I've made a couple orders from SWFA. My first got held up for some reason, but once I got ahold of someone it was taken care of quickly and efficiently. I won't hesitate to give them business in the future. If something is wrong with your order, send e-mails and call until you get thru and I'm sure they'll make it right.

I have bought about 90% of my scopes through them over the years and their service has been outstanding for me.

SWFA generally does a good job but their Internet side isn't quite as good as the excellent customer support you get over the phone. One thing I wish they listed on their website is each scopes elevation range. And I agree that it would be better to list whether or not the item is actually in stock. There are other companies I've had that experience with and it sucked. I've twice made the mistake of ordering an item because I believed their websites. I waited two months to get a NF scope once that I could have had three days later from two other vendors.