• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA experience

Roasted Turkey

Private
Minuteman
May 18, 2010
Nebraska
Hey guys iv been having quite a bit of frustration with the SWFA company and felt like asking if im just unlucky or if anyone else has had the same problems with these guys. So I ordered rings a base and a falcon menace a month and a week ago and i called a week after i ordered to ask why it hadnt shipped they told me it was on back order and decided not to tell me that ahead of time. Yesterday i called and told them to just cancel the order because its taken a month and told them to just send the rings and base and now i call today and asked why it hadnt shipped and they told me the rings are on back order so i wonder now how long this will take. and sorry for the long post

Re: SWFA experience

Dick,

We just signed up with Falcon and have been having a difficult time getting and maintaining stock.

We've been with Tally for a long time but also have a difficult time getting product from them timely.

We share your frustrations, trust me. If we don't have something it is not because it is not on order.

I show that you placed your order online on 8/18/10 and we sent a back order notification to the email address you supplied on 8/19/10.

Some things are beyond our control and back orders happen, you just happened to pick the right products to be back ordered.

Be glad you didn't order anything TPS related or a PST from Vortex. LOL

Anyway, sorry for the back order situation and if you would like to reinstate your order I can offer you free shipping and a Mil-Dot Master.

SWFA has always treated me right ... couple samplelist transactions (purchases and trades) as well as normal orders. Just today I was at the range and took 4 rifles with me ... 3 of them had SS optics. When you want something quick ... it will be on back order. When you don't have the cash its on sale %20 off and in stock. Murphy is a Bastard like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">swfa is about as honest as it gets. sorry dude. </div></div>
big +1 to this

Hey sorry SWFA i didnt mean to cause you any negative attention if i did im going to have to turn your offer down though, its not your fault for the back orders i understand that im just getting to antsy to shoot my new 5r ha cant blame me. Im sure ill be doing a lot of business with you in the future also.

SWFA is as GOOD AS IT GETS.

I have ONLY had GREAT pleasure in all my business with them.

Matt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick G.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey sorry SWFA i didnt mean to cause you any negative attention if i did ......</div></div>

Really? When you think about 42,832 memebers interested in precision rifle shooting looking at a forum that you just said the following on it really doesn't sound like you didn't mean anything:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dick G.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys iv been having quite a bit of frustration with the SWFA company and felt like asking if im just unlucky or if anyone else has had the same problems with these guys. </div></div>

I'd bet SWFA could even resend you a copy of the email they sent you the next day saying your stuff was on backorder. They're pretty squared away.
SWFA has bent over backwords for me over the years, sorry if I sound defensive-just a company I really like.

I just ordered another scope from them and had the back order e-mail almost simultaneously. SWFA are definitely GTG. Not to mention, Scott will get on here and address any "problems" or questions immediately. They always get 1st chance at my business.

How hard is inventory tracking and a reasonably accurate cart/stock system? Scan in, Scan out.
Yes, it costs money but it's worth it
wink.gif

I ALWAYS ring ANY vendor and check on the phone. Even OS purchases
wink.gif
It's easier for everyone. I've still been screwed over but less often
smile.gif

OP, IF there is nothing on the site about stock levels (I bet there is at least some small print) you were right to feel annoyed. Getting the email about stock the next day should probably have been enough to stop you posting or make you post something a bit more accurate. Going on the attack then saying you didn't mean any hard wasn't really the right thing to do....

I agree SWFA has been great to me too. I ordered a range finder and they contacted me the next day saying it was on back order. Then they contacted me saying the company had discontinued that model and ask what I would like them to do about it. They even gave me a couple of others in the same price range and power. If they have something that I'm looking for I'll get it from them.

SFWA is GTG

I have a couple problems with them though.

#1 They are in TX (8% of a 1k scope is an added extra $80 onto that scopes price). I guess if they would move or if I would move it would solve the problem I have with them and Larue Tactical
smile.gif

#2 Last time I was on the site it didnt have a live inventory. No big deal but it seems to help when you order something to know its BO'ed up front. Especially if you are like myself and order shit last minute and want it now!

No one is Perfect...with that being said, Chris and the great folks at SWFA <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">will</span></span> make it right!

p.s. I had a little problem with them as well, and Chris stepped up BIGTIME and took care of the situation...will be ordering from them again for sure.