• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Got mine yesterday

para1505

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Columbia MO area
I recieved my SS10x42HD yesterday in the mail. I will be getting it on my rifle and trying it out this weekend. I will let you all know what i think about it. So far it looks really sweet. I bought a $ 150.00 dollar certificate for $30.00 dollars here from a HIDE memeber. So I got it for 649.95 and plus the $30.00 for the certificate. Good deal I thought. It will be replacing a SS10x42.The mills we take some getting use to.I will have to retrain my brain to think in mills (hope it will) LOL.

Re: SWFA Got mine yesterday

I am currently using this scope on my rifle and like it a lot.

I've got one and like it a lot too. The glass is very clear, turrets are great.

Well I got the scope mounted on my rifle last night. The glass looked very clear through it. I liked the way the turrents looked and felt. But I was disappointed that it did not have the quick adjustable lense on the rear like thier $300.00 dollar modle does. This was the first scope that did level on my rifle using the levels to do it. I will take it to the range Saturday so I will let you know more then.

Quick adjustable lens? Do you mean that rear ocular adjustment? You can still adjust it. Just unlock the rings right near it, adjust your focus, and then lock it back down. Set it and forget it.

What do you mean by "quick adjustable" ?

I just got mine mounted and found you have to do a lot of turning to get the ocular adjusted. there was not a much of a difference in the adjustment

I am sure he is talking about a fast focus eye piece.

A lot of people think the eye piece is suppose to be constantly messed with. It is suppose to be adjusted to your eye and left a lone. IMO SWFA did the best thing, they put a lock ring on it so once you adjust it then you can lock it in place. I hate fast focus because many of them move to easy and end up moving on their own.

Point it at a blue sky until the reticle is as sharp as it can get to your eye and then lock it.

yes it is the fast focus eye piece I am talking about. But if you only need to adjust it once then it should be fine.

Well I made it to the range today. I bore sighted it in then moved out to 100 yards to zero. With this matching turrets and reticle WOW I was zeroed in 3 shots. Then i vertical line tested to make sure it was level. I do not see how anyone can say a bad thing about this scope. It is so clear and precise. I was looking across the pasture also to day with it and at 500 yards i could see to yellow butterflies flying around. If you are a 10x scope shooter it would be a waste of money in my opinion to buy any thing else. If the scope is a 10x SWFA HD model in my opinion you don't need any more magnification as clear as it is.