• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA or Liberty...Any info on Nikon M223 scopes?

Jason280

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2005
GA
I saw these on the Nikon website today, and they look like a great fit for the AR platform. Any ideas on whether they will offer it with a standard mil dot? Also, are these built with Monarch or Buckmasters grade glass?

The only negative I've seen so far is the BDC reticle, which I am not a big fan of. Offer it with a standard mil dot, and I am sure they will sell tons of them. Website claims 80 MOA of adjustment, but looks like a decent concept.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/riflescopes-m-223-m-223-2-8x32-bdc-600.html

Re: SWFA or Liberty...Any info on Nikon M223 scopes?

They are both really good companies to deal with. You can't go wrong with either of them. I would just see which one has what you want in stock.

I just checked that scope out and they say it has %95 light transmission. That's the same amount as the monarch line line of scopes. Buckmasters are %90.

-Pat

No plans for a mil dot at this time.

Monarch glass.

They won't be available until June.

The M-223 line offers five new riflescopes for AR rifles, all engineered for the 223 Rem./5.56mm NATO round with 55-grain polymer tipped bullet at 3240 fps.

Nikon 1-4x20 M223 W/ Point Blank Reticle <span style="font-weight: bold">$279.95 </span>
Nikon 2-8x32 M223 W/ BDC600 <span style="font-weight: bold">$349.95 </span>
Nikon 2-8x32 M223 W/ Niko Plex and Rapid action Turret <span style="font-weight: bold">$329.95</span>
Nikon 3-12x42 M223 W/ BDC 600 <span style="font-weight: bold">$449.95</span>
Nikon 3-12x42 M223 W/ Niko Plex and Rapid action Turret <span style="font-weight: bold">$429.95</span>

M-223_Reticles.JPG

They also have this new M223 AR mount

nik743.jpg

I think the price for the 2-8x is around $330...

I've seen some sites like Midway with the 1-4x price at $299. Does anyone have a pic of the "Point Blank" or "BDC 600" reticle?

Brady - are you also going to carry the 1-4x? I didn't see it on your site...

Thanks,
-Rob

I updated my above post with the pricing and pic of the BDC 600 reticle.

Still trying to dig up the point blank reticle pic. It's nothing special. Imagine a heavy duplex reticle with a 4moa black dot in the middle. We lowered our initial order after seeing the reticle.

The 1-4 is now live on the site. If you click the link above it will take you directly there.

Brady

We had all of the M-223 scopes in for T&E, both with the BDC and the niko-plex versions. They were solid scopes, good performance especially in the price range they are selling them. Scopes tracked well and were clear and bright, as usual for Nikon. The scopes were set up for 55 grain tipped bullets. We used the Win 55 grain silvertips and the adjustments were right on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still trying to dig up the point blank reticle pic. It's nothing special. Imagine a heavy duplex reticle with a 4moa black dot in the middle. We lowered our initial order after seeing the reticle. </div></div>

That's bad news. A 30moa circle with a 2 or 4moa dot would have been almost perfect. Add daytime visible illumination and it would have been perfect. As is, I would rather have the BDC 600 reticle and capped knobs.

A heavy duplex with a 4 moa dot in the middle? Who's buying that?

That really sux - I like Nikon scopes and was really looking forward to that 1-4x....

i've been thinking about getting the super sniper 10x. would this nikon be a better buy?

Depends on which Nikon and your intended use.