• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA scopes

nobearsyet

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2011
I saw them advertised here and was wondering if anyone ever used one. I think my Nightforce might have to come off my 308 and the 10x looked promising

Re: SWFA scopes

i have a swfa super sniper 3-9 and i love it...i think its the best value on the market...the glass is suprisingly clear for the money and it tracks great so far...ive been useing it on my gap gladius for about a year and was gunna upgrade but after useing it i think its a good fit for my uses and im gunna spend the extra money on ammo

The original SWFA, that sell for $299.95 and come in 6X, 10X, 16X and 20X are among the most recommended scopes for new shooters. I put a 10X on a Remington PSS eight years ago to learn mildots and it is still on that rifle. I own two of the SWFA SS3-9X42 scopes. One sits on a LMT MWS and the other on a M1A NM. I shoot steel out to 800 yards with these rigs and have a combined round count of over 3000 rounds with no problems.

I just spent some range time with the new SWFA SS 1-4 HD and found them to be exceptional optics. I put just under 600 rounds through three rifles using these scopes from 10 yards out to 800 yards and they exceeded my expectations in performance and observable quality.

I have no experience with the 10X HD but if it is the same as the 1-4 HD it will be a great value as well.

There is no down side to buying one of these scopes. The have a lifetime no hassle warranty, good resale value and they consistently offer the best buy at their price point. Whats not to like?

These reviews may help

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1843898&page=1
http://www.opticstalk.com/swfa-ss-39x42-review-by-mike-miller_topic23715.html

PDD
I had the other end of the $299.00 SS 10x It tracked in in .280 per click on average and lost zero multiple times,I threw it in the creek and it held water. POS it was..

I was looking at the new SS HD 1-4 and The old SS is still in the memory banks..I just cant push myself that way..

Jason Rose was at my shop monday and had a 3X9 it looked OK,way better than the OLD SS I had..

My experiance with the HD line is limitted to the SS 1-4 HD. But I do know that the HD scopes are a completely different design and made at a different factory. The SS 1-4 HD are very high quality optice. Just as Leupold offeres the VXI and MK4 line SWFA offers the Standard line and HD line. Check out Lowlights review on the 10X HD linked above above.

I am sure LL gave it hell and its good and I trust his insite,But I think anyone could get a good one or a bad one,You had a good 10x I did not,matter fact I have had 2 10x and one 20x SS,I had iussue with them all,but 280 per click and a day in the creek its was a goldfish model did me In..Granted these where old models all second hand.

Hey I can talk about Hi end scopes with issue as well,After All I have been threw 50+ scopes and have an Idea or two..

The HD line looks good,I will get one sooner or later and it will get rung out at mt range,If I like it enough..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prairie Dog Dundee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My experiance with the HD line is limitted to the SS 1-4 HD. But I do know that the HD scopes are a completely different design and made at a different factory. The SS 1-4 HD are very high quality optice. Just as Leupold offeres the VXI and MK4 line SWFA offers the Standard line and HD line. Check out Lowlights review on the 10X HD linked above above. </div></div>

I have four different SWFA Super Sniper scopes: the original 10x42 along with the 6x42, 10x42HD and 3-9x42 models. I am exceedingly happy with all four of them.

ILya

I started shooting F class with SS 20X other than the crosshair being a little too thick for my taste at 1000yds, the scope performed better than me and tracked perfectly. bought another soon after, if they ever make a 3-20 or some such i would by those too.

I have the straight 16X and have no complaints, especially for $300.00. I'd buy it again. My home range is 100yards; several times I've worked up a load at 100, then gone straight to 1000, dialed in the elevation based on GUESSED velocity (no chrono), and been well in the black at 1000 on a F class target. I'm one of these (too few) hard cases that doesn't use a rear bag, so I think it's going pretty well. I've done box tests and it returns to zero.

I haven't seen any reason yet to spend the money on a S&B or NF. This isn't golf, this is shooting. The name brand on your clubs doesn't win you any brownie points with your friends.

My SWFA 3-9 is excellent. However I was a bit surprised that I cannot see 7mm holes at 100 yards. I can barely make out an occasional hole in the white, but none in the black.

My previous 3-9x44, a Weatherby scope from years ago, would allow me to see 30 cal holes at 100 yards. Otherwise the SWFA is better than what I expected: very heavy duty, excellent mechanics, etc.

I have the straight 16x on my .22 LR Trainer and love it. Of course it doesn't get battered by recoil with the .22... but the glass is decent and I can actually see the damn little .22 holes at 100 yards with me crappy eyes...

Wow, didn't expect hear that due to the price point and the old "you get what you pay for addage" but given what I've heard I think I might have to get one of these and ring it out on the 308 and maybe the 338 Lapua.

I have 2 16X's and 1 10X and love them, I also had a 20x but because of the magnification the clarity really suffered. I would stick with the 10X and 16x. You will not be dissapointed. Works as advertised, definitely bang for the buck!