• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS 16X42 or Falcon Menace 4-14X44

parkze17

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2011
Parker, PA United States
I recently bought a State arms .50 bmg Rebel with a 3 inch break and need optics. I will eventually buy a nightforce for it but for the time being I only have around 400 bones to pay for it. I was thinking of one of these two choices for the time being and then I would swap this scope onto my other project which is going to be an AR build in a 7.62 nato. What is everyones thoughts on these two scopes. How will they hold up to the recoil of the rifle? I also was considering the side focus 10X super sniper. Thanks in advance for the help!

Re: SWFA SS 16X42 or Falcon Menace 4-14X44

I have not used the Falcon but do own a ss10x42. For the price I think they are a very good scope and mine has performed flawless. However it is mounted on a .308

SWFA is a lifetime warranty.

Falcon is 5 years.

If you go SWFA route, get a rear focus - less moving parts/tougher.

I had a SS10x and liked it really well for what it was, and in truth it is probably a little tougher scope than the Falcon. It's just that a fixed scope can be annoying when you are not shooting further than 400 yards out, so you might want to go variable.

BSA stands behind their products... makes me wonder why Falcon won't guarantee their produts ( only 5yr, non-transferable warranty, must go through original dealer to get warranty work etc..). Sounds like a headache to me. Just my 2c.

I think I am going to go with the SS. I don't mind the fact that it is not variable. I really didn't think of the warranty issues until now and I am really leaning towards the SS. Thanks alot guys!