• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS 20x42 for $279 ?

mjh30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
Edmonds Washington
Have several 3x9's already, hoping to get a slightly better and higher magnification scope for long range (600). When I saw these on the ebay, thought it was a fairly ggod deal. I checked some prior posts and I saw some reservations about the 20x, any thoughts, thanks for any and all responses

Re: SWFA SS 20x42 for $279 ?

I've owned two SS 10x scopes. Pretty decent scopes, especially for the money. I've also had the opportunity to use both a 16x and a 20x SS scope at our club range. What I noticed about these scopes is that the image quality appears to deteriorate as the power goes up. In other words, while the 10x SS is okay the higher magnification versions suffer, IMO, because there's a limit to how much magnification budget glass can stand. The higher the power, the more the faults are exposed.

Don't have too much info on the 20x, however, my 10x is a great piece of glass for the money. My buddy has a Leuy and loves my SS.

My 20x is pretty dang good for the money I think. I could see large letters on a spray paint can at 1100 yards.