• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS 5-20x50 rings

0V3RC10CK3D

Private
Minuteman
I read the sticky and apparently I'm too retarded to figure it out still.

What rings / ring height are you all running for this scope? I have a Remington 700 5R SS with a 20moa badger ordnance base.

Also what brand should I be looking at? Seekins or Badger Ordnance?

Re: SWFA SS 5-20x50 rings

You need to get a set of Seekins Mediums and you will be happy.

My vote is for lows. Mine is on a Savage w/ McGowan barrel that is contoured the same as a Shilen #7. Base is a IOR 20 MOA, and I run Badger .823" standard rings. Scopes sits nice and low, but has room for Butler Creeks.

Will the low's fit? I'd prefer have it as low as possible. Anyone have pictures of their setup?
smile.gif

Is that a Savage LRH in 338LM? I am also interested in one. What kind accuracy are you getting?

Thanks,
Kevin

Go with the lows. My savage has a full bull barrel with a 20moa EGW base and the scope clears no problem. The remmy contour is smaller so the lows will work fine.

I run low TPS and they have been perfect for me. Low TPS steel rings and 20 MOA steel base.

Aron-

I have one in Burris XTR mediums (Rem 5R) and one in Warne Maxima low's (Savage fcp-k). On the Rem, the Burris low's were too low.

I have Seekins low on an FN SPR with a 20 moa base. Left enough room for scope covers.

It also depends if you are using the factory stock or other stocks with higher cheek rest. I have the same Rem700 5R and the Seekins low rings work fine. However, I needed the high rings when I dropped it into the AICS.