• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS Classic Line in Mil/Mil

Jon A

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2006
Everett, WA
www.aadmount.com
Forgot I haven't posted these here yet:

PICT0021.JPG

PICT0023.JPG

From left, the 6X42, 10X42, 10X42SF, 12X42, 16X42 and 20X42.

I didn't take a whole lot of pics of the exteriors since they look the same as they always have except for the numbering on the turrets. Here are a couple of the Turrets:

PICT0010.JPG

PICT0011.JPG

They're all pretty much the same.

Here are some shots of the reticles. Again a gloomy day at the range which made taking good pics difficult--especially with the 16X and 20X so don't try and judge the glass quality from the pics. Don't get me wrong, these aren't meant to compete with the HD series glass-wise, but they do look better in person than in those pics.

6X42:

Much like the 3-9 with thick posts and solid diamonds:

PICT0481.JPG

PICT0485.JPG

100 yds:

PICT0071.JPG

300 yds:

PICT0078.JPG

Re: SWFA SS Classic Line in Mil/Mil

Thanks for the pics, I was wondering if they would look the same as the old line. Now I know!
laugh.gif

Jon, do young now what the thickness of the lines are on the new 12x? Ie. how much it covers at 100.

I can't wait....

Although.. The reticle on the 6x looks awfully small..? Looks like it would difficult to range with or count mils... Could be just a camera thing?

When will these be released??? I may be replacing my WOTac soon and I like the looks of these!

Thanks to SWFA and Jon A !!!

Too me these new SS fixed power mil/mil scopes are "by far" the best news ever in the budget scope world.

Yaaaayyyyy no more MOA turrets and standard mildot reticle, which was my only complaint with the old SS line.

One question. Did SWFA retain the 10Y parallax focus? Fingers crossed....

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Can't wait for them to come out</span>*edit* they're out- available on SWFA website. A little disappointing they didn't switch the turret screw to the single top screw, but if that's all I get to complain about... I'll call it a win.

Just ordered a 16x
smile.gif

Man, I wish I could trade the 10x I've got in Mil/Moa for a Mil/Mil, those look awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man, I wish I could trade the 10x I've got in Mil/Moa for a Mil/Mil, those look awesome. </div></div>

They have a trade-in program.

So they are alreday out! Hmmm I may just have to get one....I have heard nothing but great reviews!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slydwz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do I smell a group buy? </div></div>

+1

Group buy would be awesome to whet the appetite for a 3-12 or 4-16 FFP mil-quad!

They are not available yet, we have had an overwhelmingly large amount of people calling and e-mailing asking to get on a back order list so the easiest way for us to do this is to put them on the site now.

We are shooting for a spring release.

Went to order one of these, and accidentally ordered a mil/moa version instead. Now to see if I can cancel it, reading should be fundamental...

This year release ??? Thanks for info Chris.

Aron-

Awesome, I've been waiting for these. Spring ey? Guess I better buy a rifle to put one of these on.
wink.gif

I'm very excited about the new scopes headed our way from SWFA this year. I might have to do some trading or selling. Specifically I'd like to trade my 10X and 20X for maybe a 12X and a 20X mil/mil.

I do wish that they would add an arrow indicator on the turret that is visible from "behind the gun". I had another post running with this pic and my home-made labels. Something along this line would be nice. I never committed the direction to memory so I made the labels to help.

SAM_0763.JPG

Would love a GB on these.....
Man, I just KNEW something was in the works. I'm glad I waited. Patience historically is not one of my virtues.

Here are some quick links to avoid any confusion
cool.gif

Click desired magnification for complete reticle subtensions:

SS10X42MQ_Shadow_Mil-Quad.jpg

If this happens on a group buy, then I am in. I have been wanting the SS Line to have the Mil-Quad ever since I had to sell my SS5-20X50. I have had my sights set on the new Midway USA Vortex HS since that one was advertised.

Group buy should be the #1 Priority!!

DK

If the scope world keeps turning like this, I am going to have to take up stock somewhere!!

DK

Forgive my ignorance but when is "Spring"

Put my order in for a pair of 16x's this afternoon. Let the waiting begin. If a group-buy does materialize, I'll buy more, maybe the 10x.

Still need a mid-priced option with the nicer turrets like the 3-9x42 with a bit more magnification. I know we're slicing the market pretty narrow at that point with the current offerings...

I may be the only tickled one but i'm just happy and a bit impressed they aren't charging $25-$50 more for the mil/mil models.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grimm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Forgive my ignorance but when is "Spring" </div></div>
The first day of spring on the calender is march 21.

smile.gif
it's impressive to see a manufacturer directly involved with their buying public like this- thanks SWFA, you guys have raised the bar

Any thoughts on selling mrad knobs for the old scopes?

I am also curious about the range of the parallax adjustment, specifically how close they will focus.

Scot E.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am also curious about the range of the parallax adjustment, specifically how close they will focus.

Scot E.

</div></div>

from the ad on the 10x

Specifications:
Exit Pupil: 4.2mm
Field of View @ 100m: 3.9m
<span style="color: #FF0000">Parallax Adjustment (m): 10m-Infinity </span>
Eye Relief (in): 3.9
Diopter Compensation: -2 ~ +1 dpr
Click Adjustment Value: 0.1 MRAD
Adjustment Per Revoultion: 5 Mils
Total Elevation Adjustment: Mils
Total Windage Adjustment Mils

Type of Reticle: Mil-Quad
Coating: Fully Multi Coated
Main Tube Diameter: 30mm
Objective Lens Effective Diamater: 42mm
Occular lens Effective Diameter: 36mm
Objective Bell Diameter: 49.5mm
Ocular Bell Diameter: 46mm
Waterproof: Yes
Fogproof: Yes
Shockproof: Yes
Weight (oz): 18.7
Length (in): 14.1
Mounting Length (in): 5.8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TallShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although.. The reticle on the 6x looks awfully small..? Looks like it would difficult to range with or count mils... Could be just a camera thing? </div></div>
Basically a camera thing. A picture that shows the whole FOV small enough to fit in a post looks tiny. The full sized version reflects real life much better--the reticle is easier to see and use than it looks like in the pics. It's actually bigger and bolder than the standard mildot by a ways. It's just you're used to seeing pics of much higher powered scopes so this looks small on the screen.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jon, do young now what the thickness of the lines are on the new 12x? Ie. how much it covers at 100. </div></div>
.04 Mil Thick (.144" at 100 yds).
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D_Lamz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how does the image on the 10x compare with the 12x? </div></div>
"Glass-quality-wise" they look the same. The added magnification of the 12X is noticeable when looking at fine detail, however, as you can resolve fine details a bit better. FOV-wise the difference is pretty small so many applications where a fixed 10X would work the 12X should work as well while letting you see just a bit better. I think the 12X will be a hit with many.

Of course the general usability of the fixed 10X shouldn't be discounted. It has been getting it done for a long time. Also being available in SF may sway many to it. They've made it a difficult choice between the two.

Well im on the list for a couple 6xs.
Thinking hard on a 10x or 12x, it would just be a spare and really don't need it but.....

If anyone is looking to sell their previous model, i am looking for a 10x standard or side focus. Thanks for the great post!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomahawk84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If anyone is looking to sell their previous model, i am looking for a 10x standard or side focus. Thanks for the great post! </div></div>

There is one that just hit the optics for sale section!

I've been enjoying my MOA 10x immensely, I just wish these were out a few weeks ago when I bought it.

Maybe I'll have to consider trading up this summer. If they're as good as the rest of the SS line, I'm sure they'll be a hit.

I have never held nor looked through the glass in one of these in person, so I took a leap of faith tonight based on their following and ordered a 16x42 mil/mil.

Debated on getting the 12x, but I do have the opportunity to shoot to 1000 so I went with the 16x.

Most of my shooting will be 500 and under though.

Just hoping the glass is crisp and clear.

Hell, I've got one of the old mil/moa Tasco-SS 10x side focus versions and it's a fine scope, I only wish it had mil turrets. I think you'll be happy.

The only problem is that you're stuck with high power and limited field of view at closer ranges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rookie7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never held nor looked through the glass in one of these in person, so I took a leap of faith tonight based on their following and ordered a 16x42 mil/mil. </div></div>

Your leap of faith will be well rewarded. The 16XSS Mil/Mil will be the standard that most will end up going with. I would love to have the 12X, but with my eyes and shooting little tiny targets, I need the 16X for sure. Since I will also be hunting with this optic, I chose not to go the 20X route. If it was only for target, then it would definately be the 20X.

DK

I am so looking forward for these to come out and see some reviews on them! Although I'm sure they will be top notch!!! Really wanting a 12x!