• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS HD 1-4x24 Tactical vs P4Xi 1-4x24 | Steiner Optics. Which to buy?

YosemiteSamFan

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2020
Hello all. Which scope would you buy, SWFA SS HD 1-4x24 Tactical vs Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 and a quick reason why? Thanks.

Both are great optics in the 1-4 realm.
Where can you even get a SWFA HD 1-4 anymore though? I thought they completely switched over to the 1-6's.
Anyhow, you can go wrong. Pick the reticle you like best and move on it.

I was looking at used scopes. The reticle on the SWFA HD 1-4 is a Milrad and the reticle on the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 is BDC for the 223?

I was looking at used scopes. The reticle on the SWFA HD 1-4 is a Milrad and the reticle on the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 is BDC for the 223?
I'd have to read the manual for my P4Xi to answer that. IDK.
I've only ran it in comps out to 200yds so far, so holds haven't been necessary for me.
But yes, it is a BDC of some sort.

Reactions: YosemiteSamFan
SWFA is clearing out some demos of the 1-4x and 1-6x HD scopes right now. Might want to act fast, as they don't tend to last long.

Reactions: Bakwa
Steiner > SWFA any day and twice on Sunday.

A milrad reticle in a 1-4 LPVO is mostly a gimmick. These aren't precision sights. They are minute of torso sights.

The Steiner reticle is minute of torso with both 223 and 308 common loads all the way to 500 yds. Not speculation, I have a Steiner 1-4X P4Xi and I take it to distance.

I also have a Steiner 4-16X56, SWFA 16X42, and a SWFA 3-15X42. I won't be buying more SWFAs......