• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS or Primary Arms 4-14 FFP

evangorp

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2013
I have researched this topic to death and keep second guessing myself. I am looking to put a scope on my RAR 22, and have narrowed it down to either the SS 16X or the primary arms 4-14. I guess I am looking for some input on which way you guys would go if you had the option. I want to decide before the sale is up on the SWFA. Also which rings the medium or high would work best for this combination. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I bought a ss 16X to hold me over on my .50 and its really clear and easy to use. I ended up leaving it on because I like it so much. I Have over 100 rounds down the tube with it and no problems at all. Should last 6 lifetimes on a .22. I liked the 16X so much I bought the hd 10X model for on my .308 until I decided I wanted a variable. I now use it on one of my .22 rifles. You should consider one of those if your budget allows it. The glass in it compart to really nice scopes that cost twice as much IMHO.