• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

Jon A

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2006
Everett, WA
www.aadmount.com
OK folks, I hear some might want some more pics? Enjoy:

PICT0072.JPG

PICT0053.JPG

PICT0047.JPG

PICT0046.JPG

PICT0044.JPG

And to the reticle.

5X

PICT0134.JPG

10X

PICT0130.JPG

20X

PICT0145.JPG

Closup:

PICT0138.JPG

Re: SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

I've only had it a short time but have made it to the range once:

PICT0212.JPG

PICT0208.JPG

PICT0233.JPG

At 100 yds:

5X

PICT0242.JPG

10X

PICT0243.JPG

20X

PICT0248.JPG

At 300 Yds:

5X

PICT0230.JPG

10X

PICT0232.JPG

20X

PICT0225.JPG

After a few shots at 100 I moved to 300 and these were the groups:

PICT0270.JPG

A couple 2"ers, 8 of my last 10 shots went into the 2" center of the bull which is pretty good for a gas gun. The scope gets it done very easily.

Here's the illumination:

PICT0173.JPG

PICT0171.JPG

PICT0168.JPG

Reticle checked for straightness and click value measured right on as accurately as I can measure. About 33.5 Mils of total elevation adjustment. In the 20 MOA AADMOUNT I've got 22.5 Mils of up left from my 100 yd zero.

Glass is OUTSTANDING! I'll have more comments soon.

Looks great Jon. I hope your inbox is empty, because I have a feeling you're in for a lot of PM's. I'll bet you won't be able to make them fast enough. Keep up the good work.

Man I do like the way that looks! Thanks for sharing, can't wait for updates!

Wow that scope is making me hot. I think it will go well on my RRA.

Scope looks great can't wait to get one on order.

The mount is a cool piece of kit also. They make a great pair.

Great pics Jon ! Great to see another choice in the FFP market.
Looking forward to hearing more when you get out again.

I've got a 10X42 HD and it's great, I want this baby, is it available now and how much?

Great looking reticle.

I designed that back with the IOR A5 in 2007 glad to see some one picked it up.

I hope they give credit where its do.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea on price.... </div></div>

+1

Does it have zero stops? I'm sure it will be better than my weaver tactical, but not sure if it's worth the step up in price. Of course, I'm just speculating on the price.

It is not available yet... The only two scopes made are in Jon's and Low Light's hands. These are just the prototypes.

Man that looks like it might be some bad ass new glass
smile.gif

+1 to Price + or -

Also ZS yes ? no?

thanks

regards Aron-

Probably waiting on reviews to see what if anything needs fixed. Patience is learned not granted...

Looks incredibly promising...
+1 for price / availability timeline

- Not sure about the reticle, I'm one for a plain hash style closer to MLR,TMR, IOR MP8 A-5. But perhaps it will grow on me.

Man, Super Sniper stepping it up!

depending on price, this might me my next scope. I like everything about it so far and it will go well with my other SS

Looks good. I'm still very impressed with my SWFA 1-4HD which was my first SWFA/SS purchase.

I wonder what final pricing is and if SWFA will release it before my 4-16 and 6-24 PST backorders ship... that will make for an interesting decision.

I think I found the glass the is going to sit on top of my REPR. If the pricing follows along the lines of the other SS FFP scopes then this will be hard to keep instock

Like the scope, but I think that mount is kinda whimpy....

J/K...
wink.gif

Looks VERY promising, tracking and mechanicals being solid. Hopefully pricing will be comparable to the mid-level scopes and availability will be better than the PST's.

very nice to say the least. i would love to hear about the price and any type of time line. i got the 3-9 ffp and hopefully my 1-4 ffp will be here on tuesday. i am loving super sniper right now

This does look very promising! Now if we can just get the inside scoop like does it have a zero stop, release date & estimated price.

How's eye box and eye relief of the SS scope compare to NF ( is it changing when you trying to zoom in? )

I would like a "tad thinner" at the crosshair and zero-stop.

Of course - popularity will be price dependent. I would expect a selling price of $999-$1,100 (based on the 10xHD).

looks like junk. you should send it to me so I can get the filth out of your hands! I'll take one for the team
grin.gif

Wow! Every feature seems nice. From reticle design to the quality from the pics! Curious on price like everyone else. I think it might beover the 1000 mark tho.

900 would he nice fair price
smile.gif

30mm tube?
What did you think of the light gathering?
This could be my third SS if the price is right.

Jon,
I would just like to ask about the details of how you shot your photos, particularly the first few of the scope itself. Some of the clearest I've seen!

Nice profile. I am assuming that the scope might weigh a little less than comparible scopes just by comparing other SS scopes. 32 ounce scopes make a rifle a little top heavy in my opinion. I feel that most scopes elevation knobs are too tall. This one looks about right (close to a NF). Reticle looks ok. Something looks a little strange about the housing, like the knobs don't fit quite right. Overall this looks like a scope that I have been waiting for even though I would prefer a zero stop. Not to sure about the PST but the Premier Light Tactical looks promising. Pending positive reviews I am very interested in this scope!

Another request for info on how fussy the eye box is at high magnification and curious to know if the eye relief is constant? Also curious how much it weighs?