• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA/Trade In

Kasumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2008
New York, USA
I gave SWFA’s trade in a program a try this month. In fact I tried it three separate times. I’m absolutely impressed. Click on the form, fill out all the info and submit, you can attach photos if you want. All three times within 24 hrs I had a reply with a price quote. Print off the quote and enclose with your scope, send it off. Within 24 hrs of receiving my scope they shipped out my new selection and e-mailed a tracking number.
I had a question on one quote and gave them a call; I couldn’t get through to the guy in charge of trades but was informed he’d take care of my questions. I thought, ok, this will sit on someone’s desk for a week. Damn if I didn’t get a reply via e-mail in 5-10 minutes!
I might have done a little better selling the scopes here on the HIDE, but they gave me a fair price on each item. I bought a used Leupold off the sample list rated Demo-A, I can’t see a single flaw on it, looks new.
So two thumbs up for the SWFA trade in program!

Re: SWFA/Trade In

Their Customer service is pretty awesome, They've gotten alot of my business based on that

I have never tried trading in a scope with them but I may once the Black Friday deals come out.

SWFA is a great company to deal with. I had an issue with a set of rings I purchased there. They took care of the issue immediately by sending out a new set of rings the day I called. I recommend SWFA to everyone I know because of their outstanding customer service.

I have found them to not always have the lowest price but their 110% price guarantee has been upheld in every case and they have mailed me a check each time.

Trades have been good value (as trades to a dealer go, anyway). Fair trade value with no complaint. Been ordering from them for years and have always had good service. They are generally my "go-to" vendor (along with Liberty Optics).

They are new to me in the big picture, but I got to tell you the four things I did with them two involved CS and they went really well. I have no problem giving them my business!

Just like anytthing you trade in, you stand to lose money on it, a private sale will net you more money, just my experience.

they are actually pretty damn fair with their buy back offers. I only had one where it was way low-balled, but it was because they believed the scope I was offering was not the newer version. SWFA kicks all types of ass! There are many, many great vendors out there (mainly on here).

ETA - when I brought the fact that the scope was the newest version, they promptly rectified their offer to an appropriate amount. (I didn't want anyone to believe they left me hanging...)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pitch fork</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I'm new to this how does their program work? </div></div>
What you do is Fill this form out then you will receive an email back, stating how much we can offer you on what you would like to trade, i.e. Optics, firearms, and ect.
Then you can sell the scope out right or trade it toward a new scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like anytthing you trade in, you stand to lose money on it, a private sale will net you more money, just my experience. </div></div>

True, I might have netted another $50 or so on a private sale. SWFA's offer was quite fair, the flip side to this is this; I don't have to deal with a private sale, the end user who for whatever reason backs out of the deal, or is unhappy with the purchase then blasts you all over the HIDE. Funds that get sent a week late, the important part to gleen from this thread is, 24hrs later the deal is working like a charm, no problems, fast/fair service with a reliable HIDE supporter.

I like hearing stories about good things happening than bad. Glad to see a company taking care of its people!

I've also had great success dealing with Brady Herbort and trading both optics and other shooting-related accessories toward new SWFA products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just like anytthing you trade in, you stand to lose money on it, a private sale will net you more money, just my experience. </div></div>

True, I might have netted another $50 or so on a private sale. SWFA's offer was quite fair, the flip side to this is this; I don't have to deal with a private sale, the end user who for whatever reason backs out of the deal, or is unhappy with the purchase then blasts you all over the HIDE. Funds that get sent a week late, the important part to gleen from this thread is, 24hrs later the deal is working like a charm, no problems, fast/fair service with a reliable HIDE supporter.

</div></div>

Yup, that's similar to my experience. While I could pursue more sheer $$$ in a private sale, SWFA's trade-in offers have been good enough that it was worth trading in just to NOT have the hassle of posting it, dealing with tire-kickers and buyers, waiting for funds, shipping, etc. Very fair on this stuff.

I was a little less than thrilled with the trade in value offered on my new unfired Dan Wesson Valor. That being said, I am still very impressed with SWFA service and the fact that they have a trade in program at all. That is not something that most businesses offer.

I did not take them up on their trade in offer; that was my choice. But, it has not stopped me from doing business with SWFA for the great service and fantastic prices.