• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA vs. Tasco Super Sniper

Re: SWFA vs. Tasco Super Sniper

Given the choice I would make sure I got one of the SWFA erra Super Snipers. Before that they are iffy. The SWFA erra scope are good to go

SWFA bought the rights to the scope and redesigned them ...

They are not the same, one was made years ago by Tasco, the other is currently made by SWFA to a higher standard / spec.

you can tell by the name, there are several different versions of the Super Sniper out there, the new ones are definitely the best of the bunch.

I remember the original TASCO Super Snipers: They were hit-and-miss, meaning some were good and some not-so-good, depending on when they were manufactured. I agree: The newer ones are the best of the bunch.

SWFA builds them to the original spec.

Tasco's first run or two were made to spec, then they smelled a cash cow and cut corners/went cheap.

If you get the SWFA model, you are assured of a quality, to spec sample.

Just order one from the website and be done with it.

The original line of fixed mag scopes (10, 16, 20) was basically the same, maybe with a few improvements. The newer variables and the 10X HD are SWFA's additions and are a big step up.

The question remains if you have no box how do you tell the difference?

Or, how about: If you have no box how do you tell the difference?
(since it wasn't clear what you were dealing with in the OP)

Call, email or pm SWFA.

Are SWFA Super Sniper scopes used in the field by are Military(our Snipers)Ive always questioned that.I know Nightforce and Leupold are used.

The US Army has used a bunch of the fixed 10X on some M14 DMRs.

The original Tasco had a small contract for scopes for testing.

^ I seen pics of military personnel use them even on M-16's, and I think I might of spotted one on a M-24's or M-40's if I'm not mistaking.

Aron-

From what I hear is that you cant compare the swfa sniper scope to a Nightforce or a leupold for quality and performance.

Just from die hard users of Nightforce and Leupold.I use Leupold and in my opinion they are a quality scope.I havent tried any SWFA super sniper scopes so I cant make a opinion on them.I would like to try one so I can give my opinion.

I just sold a 4.5 x 14 x 50mm 30mm LR Leupold because of edge distortion and poor low light performance, Leupold is not the scope it once was. I went with a 4.5 x 14 x 50 Zeiss Conquest and am very pleased. From what I have seen SWFA SS 10X scope glass is at least as good as Leupold.

Startrek how would you compare your zeiss to the swfa super sniper.

That is not really apples to apples, the Zeiss is much brighter at dusk , but for the price the SS is hard to beat.

On a recommendation from a member here, I bought a SS 10x42M. I'm still relatively new to LD shooting, but I was thinking of upgrading from the SS 10x42M to the 10x42HD or the Weaver 5-15x50 EMDR. I do pretty much only range shooting with my 5R. I've read that the glass is better on the 10x42HD, and reviews of the Weaver say for the money the glass is great and the added features of a variable illuminated scope makes it an awesome deal. Should I just go with the SS 10x42M I have already and spend the extra $s on range time or make an upgrade to which one?

Are swfa super sniper scopes made here in the USA or overseas.

That bugs me when I see items like scopes made overseas especially china and japan.I try to by American all the time when it comes to my cars and anything else.I know that there are some items that you have no chose such as electronics(tv,computers etc etc).Oh Well...

The Japanese make decent optics, but yes, SWFA's scopes are overseas products. The US needs to become competitive in the world manufacturing market again.

The problem with being competetive in US marketing is that we have people demanding and getting $30.00 an hour to slap a windshield or screw a door mount on a new car.

No skill involved, but they are paid like they have it.

Now here comes the war on union jobs...

All scope manufacturers make some of there scopes oversea or have certain parts made oversea. So there is no use arguing I want a 100% US made scope.