• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

N2DADARK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2010
I've been pricing out options to upgrade my Rem 700 in 308 and the wife's new SAC M24 optics. I'm currently running a Barska SWAT with no complaints on mine, it's been a semi budget build, and hers is bare. The 699 deal on the SWFA that's been running on here is looking good but I don't think I need the 16x that it offers. Im looking for a first focal plane and at least 10x. Here's what the options I'm looking at.....

1. SWFA $699 deal with quick detach mounts and swap it and and rock my Barska for in verified amount of time.
2. Get the 3-9x for $599 with a better QD mount and deal with the Barska from time to time
3. Snag 2ea fixed 10x or better scopes for $299 and call it all done with

I'm liking 3 but I want to be sure that I can accurately mil targets with the fixed power without having to have a crazy ads formula that no one has (first focal zoomed), if that makes sense. Thanks for the input.

A fixed with MIL/MIL, Mildot Master (slide rule), and build a good set of tables. No complex formulas involved AFAIK.

Got the answer this morning about 10min after sending it.....

Thank you for your patronage for SWFA.

Yes, actually all of our Riflescope reticles are etched and subtend correctly in First Focal Plane.

Thank you,

I just bought 3-15x42 SS and although I'm waiting on mounts, (by the way, mines being utilized differently, a Kidd 10/22 with 10MOA rail, I originally ordered an American Defense QD for it because I have used them before and liked the product, it was WAY to high for my purposes, returned it and am waiting on some NightForce Low LW Rings to bring it down to right above the barrel) the thing sure is nice, very positive action on the turrets , nice smooth, tight zoom, good feel on the parallax knob and the reticule is killer! Very happy so far, can't wait to get it mounted up and zeroed!