• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swift Scirocco loads for 30-06

PBRACEGUNS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2009
Central Alabama
Had a buddy give me a box of Scirocco 180gr.Polymer tip Boat tail Spitzer bullets the other day.
Has anyone tried these for hunting big game? If so, any good load data for this bullet? Savage 110 26" sporter barrel (factory twist)1-11 or 1-12 I think.
I have several #'s of H4350 on hand.
Thanks in advance

Re: Swift Scirocco loads for 30-06

what animals are you going to hunt they should do pretty well on hogs but way to much overkill for a whitetail

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what animals are you going to hunt they should do pretty well on hogs but way to much overkill for a whitetail </div></div>
Hogs for sure,Kinda heavy for Whitetail I know,But I do most of my whitetail hunting on large clearcuts and often shoot 400 yds+ and have taken 1 very nice buck at a lasered 622 yrds.

I gotta tell you, I was pushing the 150 Scirocco screaming out of my STW and they were coming apart on whitetail. I wasn't happy with the terminal performance at all. Maybe the heavies are better and this was when the bullet was relatively new also.

Believe it or not the 160gr Accu-bond has been doing a great job although at lower velocities.