• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Swimming rattlesnake

shooter65

General
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2004
    Indiana
    Falcon Lake is on the Rio Grande, between Texas and Mexico.
    It's between Laredo and Brownsville, Texas

Check this out. Turn up the volume so you can hear the conversation between
    the guys. It's a dad and son.

This was taken at Falcon Lake. Go to the bottom of the page.

Sound on....he mentions Falcon Lake---in Texas .

Who says only mocassins like water?? Be alert when fishing!!! Check out this
    link..

http://bassfan.com/tv_play.asp?id=119

Re: Swimming rattlesnaake

Man I love the ending statements (son) he's had a bad day (dad) it's gone a get worse. You can guess what happened shortly after.

Didn't look too aggressive to me...but the pucker factor in the boat was certainly on overload...lol...if it'd been a Moccasin dancing their way during mating season they'd have jumped out of that boat and swam for shore...ever notice how Moc's come out of the water like those vampires levitating in Lost Boys ?

The father was a bit of a dumbass IMO. The snake could have been in their boat striking before they had time to react. He should have started the damn boat and moved but daddy wanted vid of the rattles so he was willing to potentially risk his and his sons life. Dipshit move IMO..

+1 Gopher that snake would have lit him up if he had something to push off of. Does he think that snake couldn't have climbed up off the motor.

I've known of it to happen!!

That is why I carry a Taurus Judge when hunting and fishing. That is about the only thing that gun is good for. It will make a bad day for a snake

Beats the heck out of .38 ratshot for sure!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gopher711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Water was still Cold and snake is really slow to react. </div></div>

It was warm enough for him to be swimming just fine.

GTF outta there. Those things are not something to mess with. Growing up where I did, you learn a healthy respect for rattlers.

Big Fuckin' Deal, either kill it and eat it or leave it alone.
    No bag limits on buzzworm and they missed out on nice shore lunch.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WVgunsmith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Id would have introduced that ol rattler with some 44 snake shot.</div></div>
    Me too! 38 Special snake shot would have been great to have!

I used to own a ranch down in that area, Red Bluff Creek Ranch, and spent a bunch of time down on the lake. One evening about dusk i was walking and saw what I thought was a piece of hose that dropped off a fire truck by the side of the road. then the firehose started moving towards me. A diamondback at least as big as that one will really make yyour stomach churn. No gun, not even a stick so i just let him remain King of his domain.

I glad to see they didn't kill it. Snakes are good as long as you don't step on them. ;~)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Snakes are good</div></div>

I vehemently disagree. I wouldnt be completely scared shitless of something that is good.
    sick.gif

Snakes are bad. Case and point: the water moccasin scene in Lonesome Dove.

Black snakes are good...they kill the rodents around my house...copperheads and water mocs scare the living shit out of me...rattlers usually avoid contact unless you f*** with 'em...but mocs are demon possessed and seem to spend their days looking for trouble...

The dad is a dumbass, putting his son in potential danger. Why did he not get out of there, instead of pissing that thing off. He would have learned his leason if he would have grabbed those rattles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pwc001</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dad is a dumbass, putting his son in potential danger. Why did he not get out of there, instead of pissing that thing off. He would have learned his leason if he would have grabbed those rattles. </div></div>

Agree. In nature, common sense dictates that you don't mess with things like Rattlers. Poking, lifting of rattlers, turning upside down in the water, shall thou not do with ferocious, poisonous snakes.

1 oz of rattler venom is enough to kill 12 people. As stupid as I have been in life, I have never been dumb enough to get into a fight when I was out gunned. That idiot should be hore=se whipped for putting his kid in that kind of danger. They are lucky the snake was in the water, if it had a solid platform to launch from, that fishing trip would have ended in tragedy.