• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swiss Gallinago trophy 2012

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
Also this year I did the Gallinago match in Switzerland, start time early in the morning 6.45 AM, time limit to finish all the stages 18.00 PM.

20 teams from England, Germany, Switzerland and Italy ( my team )

stages with precision rifle semi or bolt and pistol for back up exercise.

120 rounds for rifle and 50 for pistol...plus all the stuff you think you need..... no possibility to take something during the match, you have to be ready for everything, camouflage with stalking, shoot from 25 meters to 700 meters.

weather was good sky clear with max temperature forecast at 26 celcius, in the morning was 10 C.

first stage, cold bore, 5 shoots to 300m, you have to complete the stage in 15 minutes, start position in the parking area then you have to run for about 700 meters, 300 meters in climb, you can check your score in an elettronic screen, after run again for about 300 meters to stop the time, overtime... you loose al the score.

after 13 stages for firing line, to a sub moa targets, distances 250, 200 and 150 meters... you have always something to do before the stage, and a very time limit, you have to shoot in different position.. I've often use my tripod..( always max score )

after the firing line.. 1 hour where individually you have to find 5 snipers embedded with ghillie in an area in front of you, make a field sketch.. I got only 1, no range finder allowed,

for every stage one hill to climb...then back again...then climb again..

back up exercise with pistol then the exercise called the " roof "...60 second to run with all the stuff for about 40 meters then climb on an inclined table ( like a roof ) and find 3 target in other 8 at 40 meters, target with a little red circle in the face...I got 2.

other exercise

run 30 meters with all the stuff go prone and shoot to a target with sub moa target at 40 meters 6 round to totalize 35 point... I shot 3 times to 10, then to a 7 and then to 2 -1.....but there was a misunderstanting...I shoot alone, but my companion must shoot minimum 1 shoot.....so zero point..

exercise medevac...

9 minute to carry a wounded person with a stretcher..( weight about 90 kg ) for 100 meters, then engage 4 steel target from 230 to 500 meters, then proceed to extraction.. simulated helicopter sound...... I hit first one, few miss on the second target at 445, go to the third at 450, hit, back again to the target at 445......bad time managment...we miss extraction ..zero points..

another exercise..
run 60 meters to reach a position to shoot to 4 target from 250 meters to 500.....when I was in position to shoot they said your rifle doesn't work take this....a semiauto SIG 550.. hit 2 target and then move to extraction...

back from the hill to do a written test, map simbols, ecc ecc..

and then an exercise to do into a car, the car starts with the back doors closed move back for about 50 meters, the time starts at doors opened 20 second to engage 4 targets, same thing little red circle in the face, targets at about 40 meters...targets with mixed with no shooting people, I hit 2 target my companion 1, you have to manage the time..

finally last stage.. run for about 40 meters, only 3 shoot in the magazines and 1 spare, search 3 target at about 650 meters, shoot to the targets and then run to extracion 20 meters away..only 6 minutes.. you can use 5 more round placed at 15 meters from your position, but you can take only 1 at time.

We did a little bit better then last year and individually my position was esactly in the middle..

some pictures

my setup, all the stuff in the Mystery ranch 3 day BVS, awesome pack

davide020.jpg

descending after cold bore

davide014.jpg

firing line...always with the sun at 12 o'clock..very bad

davide015.jpg

using the tripod, there was with both knees on the ground

G1-1.jpg

one more

davide025.jpg

with the stretcher

davide006.jpg

preparing to fire

davide007.jpg

some targets

gangsta 250 meters

P8120009.jpg

P8120008.jpg

Re: Swiss Gallinago trophy 2012

start from top to bottom..250 meters
first miss cancel other hit...I loose 290 point, I did 2 shoots on the same targets....( shit )

P8120007.jpg

in this one only 1 bullet, prone position ready to fire..at leg touch you have to fire within 1 second...200 meters

P8120006.jpg

target I shoot using a tripod 200 meters

P8120004.jpg

P8120003.jpg

in this one 80 second to shoot 5 rounds, first one standing, 2, knee, 3 squat, 4 seat, 5 prone.. ( miss standing )
P8120001.jpg

target 200 meters..

P8120005.jpg

the sun at 12 o'clock

davide019.jpg

looking to search snipers

G2.jpg

google earth images

linea3002.jpg