• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switch Barrel and Zero Offset with Ballistic Solver

Darkhorse1

Red crayons are the best
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2018
Phoenix
Would it be logical that one could use a ballistic solver and the zero offset feature to use on a multi cal setup? Example would be 6.5 cm zeroed at 100, switch caliber to .223, go shoot a 5 shot group at 100, record the offset in the ballistic solver. Then you could save that profile and use it vs. re-zeroing the rifle every time you switch calibers out?

I don’t know how repeatable that system is going to be, but I would try to use witness marks of some sort. And make sure the barrel is torqued the exact same every time to try and be as consistent as possible.

I don’t know how repeatable that system is going to be, but I would try to use witness marks of some sort. And make sure the barrel is torqued the exact same every time to try and be as consistent as possible.
Maybe I should save up for an axmc. I don’t want to change subjects, but how has your experience been between that and the Desert Tech? I lean towards the axmc.

Maybe I should save up for an axmc. I don’t want to change subjects, but how has your experience been between that and the Desert Tech? I lean towards the axmc.

BarLoc is repeatable within 0.2mils. I would go AXMC, but no .223 option is why I went with the BarLoc

BarLoc is repeatable within 0.2mils. I would go AXMC, but no .223 option is why I went with the BarLoc
What setup are you running? I can deal with.2mil. Also are you using the zero offset in your ballistic app between calibers, or zero each time you swap?

I am running a Bighorn Arms TL3 with ARC shouldered BarLoc. I have 2 PVA barrels for this setup; one 6.5CM and one 5.56. The link to the review is below and has all the details. I have the scope zeroed to the 6.5CM and know the offset for the 5.56 and have that entered into the Kestrel.

ARC Shouldered BarLoc review

Reactions: Darkhorse1

They are both equally repeatable. I think it depends on what you intend to do with the rifle? Is hunting a possibility at all? If it is the AXMC is a heavy beast to carry around, although I do it. The AXMC is much more refined, but no 223 possibilities. I have the 223 for my SRS and it’s a lot of fun. Honestly for me it’s a toss up. I love the compactness of my Covert but I love the trigger and refinement of the AXMC.

Reactions: Darkhorse1