• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switch between chassis

Jon G

Private
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2022
CA
I'm new to rifle customization as I previously was not into firearms or hunting like I am now. I have a question that I hope doesn't sound too stupid. Can I switch back and forth between the magpul pro chassis and the stock that came with my rifle without losing accuracy in any way? I know the scope is attached to the barrel and I don't need to take it off when switching back and forth but will the accuracy be affected?

The reason I want to do this is because this will be my hunting rifle for now until I can afford a complete separate build. I am a very active hunter so a heavy rifle is not an option, which is why I want to switch back to the original stock when I'm in the field. If this is not recommended by you guys I won't do it. I just really like the way rifles look with upgraded chassis when I'm on the bench.

Your zero will change more than likely. It would probably be best to put your rifle in your hunting stock and check zero, make the changes, and leave it alone until you filled your tags. Simply removing your barreled action and putting it right back in the same stock can cause a change.

Got it. Will leave it alone then and use the chasis for a different build. Thanks for your help!