• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switching Atlas picatinny to arca

Watchale

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2012
Olney Tx
How do I go about switching a atlas bipod from picatinny adapter to an Arca rail adapter? Is it the area 419 arca clamp?

Yes, and a spigot depending on which atlas you have. I did mine today and it was very easy, it did add a little bit of height, I picked up the barricade stop with the clamp, not sure how much that will be to me vs just using the tripod body. I figure the slight extra forward weight will help balance the rifle in a tripod.

Reactions: Watchale
How do I go about switching a atlas bipod from picatinny adapter to an Arca rail adapter? Is it the area 419 arca clamp?
If you have the version that isn't an integral pic mount, then yes, just swapping the pic adapter with an ARCA adapter will work.

I prefer the RRS one myself, since it does both pic and ARCA in the clamp. It's more expensive, but more versatile.

In the process of do this conversion also. I went with the RRS BTCA with Compact Lever-Release Clamp for my Atlas and also the HCA with Compact Lever-Release Clamp for my Harris. I went with the RRS B2-40 LR clamp based on a recommendation by @lamero and his ARCA rail experience. I really like this clamp over the knob because the handle has a cam profile with basically three positions (fully closed/clamped, perpendicular to slide but not come off, and then fully open to remove).

Yup, love me some RRS BTC-Pro.

Pay no attention to the Harris in the background. It's due to get the same Sawtooth Arca/Atlas/RRS loadout.

Attachments

• RRS.jpg
    RRS.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 190
I still have a couple rifles with picatinny mounts so I just added the Area 419 clamp and rail piece.

I originally switched over to the AREA 419 Arca clamp, its a good clamp but the RRS is what I have now and its much better.

Reactions: Watchale
Does the BTC-Pro fit on an older V8 BT10? It looks like the BTC mounts with two screws. My bipod only has the Picatinny clamp that’s attached through the center.

Does the BTC-Pro fit on an older V8 BT10? It looks like the BTC mounts with two screws. My bipod only has the Picatinny clamp that’s attached through the center.

You’ll have to send it back to B&T. They will swap out the pic clamp for the base with the two screws. It’s not free, but it’s not all that much. I sent a couple off to have the “NC” conversion done and it was an easy process. Just call B&T and they’ll get you set up.

You’ll have to send it back to B&T. They will swap out the pic clamp for the base with the two screws. It’s not free, but it’s not all that much. I sent a couple off to have the “NC” conversion done and it was an easy process. Just call B&T and they’ll get you set up.
Thanks