• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switching from right hand to Left hand shooting

C Snyder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2007
OK
I recently had and Eye injury that has made me consider switching to a left handed shooting position. (full auto PS90 uncorked its self with accidental double charged hand load) I would like any tips or suggestions to assist me in training for shooting left handed with right handed bolt guns. I can wear a contact to correct vision in the injured eye but color and clarity is still not as clear with the "good Eye"

Positions or set up of rifles from the many leftys out there that shoot right hand bolts, (that some would make fun of.... ) I am now part of your fraternity. Thanks in advance

Re: Switching from right hand to Left hand shooting

If you're right eye was your dominant eye, use an eye patch to help your brain make the adjustment.

Thanks I have noticed That during practice with my left eye I have to close my right eye to get a better sight picture in the optic. and yes I am right eye dominate

A year ago I finally decided to make the change to shoot right handed as I'm right eye dominant but 100% left handed. When I started I couldn't do anything with my right hand but caught on quick.

The patch on the eye is a great idea and start with shooting prone or off bench to get the "feel" again for the fundamentals of shooting left handed. Continuously practice dry fire drills each night and in no time you will get it down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MedicGordo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot both all the time to try and not have a strong/weak side,it might take a little time but you will get use to it.</div></div>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Best advice. I am Lefty/Left eye dominate and shoot right hand rifles.(Rifles are usually cheaper
wink.gif
)I do my best to train with both sides and both eye's open. It takes a lot of practice but it is worth the work.