• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SWR Spectre, NC22 and Ruger22/45 with PAC-Lite

glocksig40

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 9, 2009
Noth Dallas 40 Texas
Got my Spectre in a few weeks ago. Ordered from David Whitson from Shark Suppressors. Today was my first opportunity to take it out and shoot. Used CCI Mini Mags and Remington Subsonics.
I shoot a Nordic Components dedicated .22 upper on a shark15 lower. The upper is an 18 inch SS .750 barrel and the optic is a 1 power Leupold Prismatic. The pistol is a Ruger 22/45 with 4 inch PAC-Lite threaded upper with adjustable rear sight.
With the subsonic rounds, the rifle was as quiet as someone dropping a tennis ball on concrete next to you. Nice and quiet. Accuracy was impressive and fairly consistent to 75 yards. Of 50 rounds I had 4 failure to fire. With the CCI mini mags, the noise level was of course higher but still hearing safe. Accuracy was unexpected. Myself and another shooter were able to repeatedly hit a 4 inch steel square at 150 yards. 50 rounds with no issues. Black dog mags performed flawlessly.
Using the Ruger pistol with subsonics was a blast. As expected, quieter than the rifle. Almost nothing but action noise. Accuracy was as expected for the subsonic and 4" barrel. Not poor but 30 yards was a good consistent distance and 50 was pushing inconsistance. Very happy with the overall performance. Of about 50 rounds there were 4-5 failure to fire. All had primer contact. Cycled the bolt and went back to work. No cycling issues. With CCI Mini Mags, the accuracy was very impressive. Consistent beyond 50 yards. Was also able to walk it out to the 4" square at 150 yards once. Noise level was of course above the subsonics but still at a level that would allow you to shoot without hearing protection. No issues with cycling. Checked the suppressor several times to insure it was still tight on the gun and found it to be secure and tight each time.
Heat was never an issue with the Spectre. The suppressor stayed cool enough to hold
even after a couple of rapid fire sessions of about 10-12 rounds. When I returned
home, I inspected the suppressor and both the pistol and rifle. I found no issues with either. Surprisingly minimum amount of carbon and burnt powder. Yes they were dirty but not too bad.
Overall I'm very happy with the suppressor and impressed with it's performance with both my rifle and pistol. If you're looking for a combo of .22 LR and suppressor, these 3 are awesome. If you want quiet and reliable, this is it.
Thanks to CKA for using the NTRP range today.

Re: SWR Spectre, NC22 and Ruger22/45 with PAC-Lite

We just got our Spectre a couple of weeks ago and My Boys and I put about 600 rds through it using a Sig 522, Ruger 10-22 18" bull barrel, and a Ruger MK II with Tac-Sol Pac-Lite 6" upper.

We had zero failures with the CCI standard velocity. The CCI's are a little more expensive but worth it.

Best price I have found for CCI standard velocity (Subsonic velocity at 1070 FPS out of rifle) or CCI subsonics (1050 FPS)
is <span style="color: #FF0000">Natches CCI</span>

I coated all parts of our Spectre with CLP prior to shooting and after 300 rds of CCI standard velocity and approx 300 rds of Federal bulk pack (still quiet and hearing safe with exception of supersonic crack)can was hardly dirty. Most of the baffles only required minor brushing and wiped clean. The first two baffles had only minor lead build up that scraped right off.

I am extremely happy with the Spectre shooting the subsonic rounds. Now just need to stock up on the CCI's!

Re: SWR Spectre, NC22 and Ruger22/45 with PAC-Lite

I use VersaChem Anti-Seize Thread Lubricant in my Spectre.
I have a Compass Lake/Douglas 18"SPR, best accuracy has with SK Standard Plus ( had some SK Match, but used up, can't afford at present).
I have a several 16" .22 ARs, and a Sig522, quite with the CCI Standard, along with the more pricey match stuff.
CCI Standard is my standard pistol/subsonic fodder for the S&W 422 and 2206.
Reliably .375-.400" 50yd with the CLE.
Haven't learned drive to 200 reliably yet.