• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SWR Trident on Sig 228?

hatidua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Aiming to get my third can and would like to put a Trident 9 on my Sig 228. In noticing the various attachment options offered by SWR, which is the way to go?

Also, is getting a threaded Sig barrel from TGS the preferred route or is Bar-Sto better?

thanks-

Re: SWR Trident on Sig 228?

I don't see a need for any type of quick detach attachment for a pistol. Can you get a threaded barrel? I got a threaded barrel for my Glock 17 from Lone Wolf. I got a 1/2x28 thread pitch, and the same attachment from SWR for my Trident. It's nice because you can change the attachment on the Trident. I also have a 3 lug adapter and use it on an MP5. Can't comment on the barrel choice tho. Don't forget a thread protecter for the barrel, unless you never plan on taking the can off1

i am fairlly certain you will need the LCD aka "nielson device" or it wont cycle.

If you get the LCD mount for the Trident, it has a Nielsen device incorporated into the adapter. I agree, it won't cycle without. both of my Trident mounts, the screw on (LCD) and tri lug both have one.