• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Syrac Ordnance gas block?

rickey

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2011
La Porte, TX
So Ive been looking at getting a jp rifle built. Either psc 11 or scr 11. I planed to get the medium contour 18 in barrel but saw that I couldnt get the Syrac Ordnance gas block on the medium contour barrel. Syrac Ordnance gas block only fit the light contour barrel. Im new to ar rifles and like that the syrac ordnance gas block because it locks in place when you adjust it. Is this a big deal or not...? or are the low profile jp gas blocks just as good?

I would like to get a suppressor eventually but this would be a long way down the road. just dont want to spend money down the raod if it isnt necessary

Re: Syrac Ordnance gas block?

brianenos.com has threads and threads about it..

havent gotten to the whole monkey with buffers lightweight carriers and adj gas blocks yet. might never but theres lots of info there

would think if you were considering a can that a simple on/off like a Noveske Switchblock would do..

I have the Syrac on my 7.62 PSC12 and the regular gas block on 5.56 CTR02. On the Syrac I haven't made any adjustments but like the fact that it locks. Both builds have light contour barrels but I don't think the Syrac was an option when I bought my CTR02. If it was, I would have got it. Since I wanted a light contour barrel, anyway, it worked out for me.

Just installed and shot one on my M4 mid length, most gas blocks dimensions are going to be the same, exceptions of course. But, I will be going suppressed in the future also so I wanted to upgrade along with a few other things.

Rifle shot great (only out to 25yds) but still shot stacking rounds as it did before at that distance. I also like that when I do eventually get my suppressor, the adj will lock in place so all I have to do is count how many notches between suppressed and unsuppressed I will need. There are only about four or five turns in it.

mh3qmv.jpg

hogstooth is that more then enough room to adjust the gas block? You said it only has 4 or 5 turns in it...? Do others have more room to adjust? maybe 6 turns? sorry if its a dumb question but im new to ars.... Also do you have to adjust the gas block down when shooting suppressed. I know allot of people do but is this for noise? Function? or Both?

Thanks again