• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors T.A.S - Tactical Aiming Solutions - your opinion??

Re: T.A.S - Tactical Aiming Solutions - your opinion??

I find the concept interesting and have sent them an email requesting a T&E. Very well may be garbage but I haven't seen anything quite like it so I hope to check one out in person.

I run a red fiber optic dawson front with a dawson adjustable rear. I'm not seeing any difference in sight picture compare to what they are selling.

Maybe I'm missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I find the concept interesting and have sent them an email requesting a T&E. Very well may be garbage but I haven't seen anything quite like it so I hope to check one out in person.</div></div>

Did you hear back from them? I sent a message as well but did not hear back. I would like to see/try one.

I received an email stating that they were in the process of setting up a distributor in the U.S. and that they would pass along my contact info and request.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a red fiber optic dawson front with a dawson adjustable rear. I'm not seeing any difference in sight picture compare to what they are selling.

Maybe I'm missing something? </div></div>

As I understand it, everything is contained within the rear sight. What would be the front dot is recessed forward within the rear sight meaning you must have the sight aligned with your eye (looking through the rear aperture) to see the front sight dot. If you are off to one side or the other you won't see down to "hole" and locate the front sight.

It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure it is necessary or will offer any real advantage over traditional front/rear setups. Not being able to look over the rear sight aperture and pick up the front dot will be a deal breaker but I'm not clear if this is the way it has been designed.

Seems like itd be a slow aquisition, if Im seeing that correctly.

To me it looks like a perfect training sight, for fine tuning muscle memory to that dead on hold, where you know that when you draw, your aim will be true. However.. in actual use? i think i'd prefer a more traditional sight.

i wonder how it would work on a .22 if you removed the side blocks and trimmed it up a bit, so that basically all you see is the hole at the rear sight, and the dot at the forward.

So it really doesnt even require a front sight on the pistol if I understand the concept correctly. I cant really visualise this, Id have to try it. It just seems to me that at the upper end of speed, I would be slower with this site. I take MANY shots with a flash picture of my front site at a bit off angle but still get an a zone hit. With this system I wont even see the "front site" because it doesnt show unless your aligned.