• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T/C Icon .308

1eyedjack1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2008
KY
Hunting season is here and I was not very happy with the new Remington 700 in 260Rem. So I went out on a limb and picked up on of Thompson Center Inco Weather Sheild in 308. The other day I got it scoped up with a 2x7 Leupold and picked up some Hornady 168gr A-Max and went to the range. 9 rounds later it was on and shooting a .508" group at 100yrd. I couldn't be more please with a factory stick and ammo. Nice work T/C

Re: T/C Icon .308

As far as I know you can only special order trough T/C. If I remember right it is $3000.00 MSRP and 8 to 12 weeks.

Hopefully the T/C Venture has that same kind of accuracy (They claim it does). I just picked one up in 300 win mag for an elk gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1eyedjack1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to here the range report on the 300win. </div></div>

I'll have it out later this week for the first time.

I'm optimistic. Supposedly the only cost cutting measures are the stock (Crappy plastic turd that I hope to eventually replace), finish (not shiny and pretty), Doesn't have the bolt lock, and instead of milled rails as part of the receiver is came with two piece aluminum screw downs.

Other than the rails the receiver is supposed to be the same, same bolt, same trigger, same 5R barrel, same accuracy guarantee.