• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T/C ICON in 308.

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
Hello guys here is my latest Stick, Thompson/Center Icon in 308, I just wanted another 308 that i can use if i want to shoot long distance, I tried it yesterday but the only amoo i have was Wolf so i did not get decent groups, i was just able to zero at 100yds. I bought some decent ammo and will try that next time out..But all in all great rifle, recoil was very comfortable, tigger is at 3.5lbs but can be adjusted lower, it has a nice wood too..anyway here it is..
TC002.jpg

TC004.jpg

TC005.jpg

TC007.jpg

Re: T/C ICON in 308.

Nice to see one with decent wood, although not as fancy as they use in their ads.
I tried to buy one for 6 months with decent wood but every distributor only had plain planks. I can remember when TC was famous for their fine wood.... too bad.

I finally bought a Kimber with 3X wood and a lot lighter too.

Wasn't T/C suppose to come out with a dedicated tactical rifle with Badger DBM and integral picatinny rail? Anyone seen one?

buffybuster...they have the warlord, it's their new tactical rifle, bolt action 308, manners stock, 1/2 moa guarantee, that might be what you're referring to

I e-mailed TC to see how long it would take to get one of these, guy said it is about 6 months out.

Manners makes a dedicated stock for the action and it also has the dedicated aluminum bedding block.

Check out the Icon precision hunter, it has the oversized knob and heavy fluted barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I e-mailed TC to see how long it would take to get one of these, guy said it is about 6 months out. </div></div>

x2, I saw one almost 5 months ago in Jan at the Dallas Safari Convention at TC's booth, at the time they estimated 12 months.

It finished matte black in an OD-ish green Manners, 20 or 22" fluted bbl. No optics (IIRC). Looked awesome.

Just looked at that link, looks just like that.