• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T/C Warlord

Re: T/C Warlord

Don't relly agree with you that it seems pricey. Heck it has a manners stock and badger bottom metal and the action was designed with the help of George. Also features a 1/2 guarantee with diffrent twist barrels to choose from. Just because it says T/C "factory name" dosn't mean it should be cheap. It still has all the high cost components. Sweet rifle.

I agree with both of you. It has many high end parts that people want and buy all the time for their custom rigs, if it does indeed shoot 1/2 MOA than it is a sweet rifle. It is coming from their custom shop as well so it is pretty much a custom rifle. It just takes all of the thinking out of it. You just say I want that rifle with this twist rate. It is expensive but everything is expensive now a days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catt_tracker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree it looks very nice, but its almost the price of a custom GAP rifle. </div></div>

Keep in mind also it is a custom, This is not a production rifle, they are build by hand one at a time in the TC Custom Shop. Its no different than the $3000 rifles that Remington sells from their custom shop.

I know the 2 guys that oversee the warlord progect, Im sure you get a damn fine rifle for the $3000.

It does look great, T/C's shoot well too. I love the ICON hunting rifle. They are damn comfortable. It looks a lot like any of the other custom rifles out there.

I didn't realize it was a custom fron T/C, so the price is on par with the others. Thanks for setting me straight. It is definitely a very nice looking rifle.

I handled one at the Dallas Safari Club show and it felt good. Seemed to be very well put together.

Didn't George Gardner of GAP, Consult them on the design of this action and rifle?

Personally I think it looks like a great rifle. The 60 degree bolt lift is an awesome feature.

Doh, I guess I should have read the rest of the posts.
laugh.gif

I'd like to see what the bedding block looks like and the action out of the stock.

Do they manufacture their own barrels? When their rifle came out i was a bit suprised when canted land rifling was standard on them. I heard the warlord shoots extremly well.

There suppost to come out with one in .338 Lapua!

I was one of a few people that had input, Greg Ritz, Mark Laney, Karl Richter From TC, Myself, My Crew, Marty at Badger and The Late Ian McMurchy. all had parts in its conception.

Greg Ritz gets the Credit for making it happen, Mark Laney the design Engineer at T/C gets the credit for making all the ideas work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marku</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they manufacture their own barrels? When their rifle came out i was a bit suprised when canted land rifling was standard on them. I heard the warlord shoots extremly well.

There suppost to come out with one in .338 Lapua! </div></div>

Karl Richter is the guy that is in charge of the Barrel shop, and yes their barrels do shoot very well. They buy their buttons from the same place as Broughton and just about every other Button rifle company.
their 5R is very similer to the Broughton 5C

The TC Warlord is top notch! Word from TC is that only 100 per year production. I have handled the rifle, but not at a venue that I could shoot it. I spoke to two guys who have and they were extremely impressed with the accuracy. I have seen some mass produced ICONS shoot sub half MOA. Both of the 308 ICONS I have shoot under 3/4 MOA with hunting ammo.

So is that Badger Bottom metal?

Also I handled one of the regular hunters, very nice.

Can you get these as a component action? --- would like to build a custom 30-06.

Can any one tell if the Integral scope mounts on the icon precision hunter are a weaver base or a picatinny base? Ive read a a couple of reviews and some refer to them as weaver yet others say picatinny? The war Lord looks the goods but is pricey at around AUD$6K.

cheers,

JJ