• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T Track rails or Inline fab flush mounts for reloading bench?

Zback

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 8, 2019
I'm in the process of building a reloading bench. I am thinking about putting T Tracks across the entire length of the bench so I can slide and remove things easily, I would use inline fab mounts, thoughts? I saw somebody on youtube do it and it looked good.

The other alternative would be just to mount one or two inline fab flush mounts after using a router so they would actually be flush.

Last edited:
I went the t-track route and I dig it. I use a IF mount for my press and everything else (vice, trimmer, etc) is secured via the ttrack and 1/4-20 track bolts. Locks down plenty tight. I made plates from plywood that span the two tracks which gives even more holding power, though I’ve found it to be unnecessary generally. The IF plate might be good for presses, but it seems like a lot of moving around to me.
D64865F6-FE50-4A58-B7CB-C33112D2630E.jpeg

The concept is good but I decided not to do it on my bench. Small objects (primers, small caliber bullets, etc) will fall into the tracks and you will always be cleaning them out. I use my bench for other projects and didn't want the tracks to disrupt a flat surface.

I just mount my presses, priming tool, powder measures to 3/4" plywood and then clamp them to the bench. When I don't need them, they're removed.

Last edited:
The concept is good but I decided not to do it. Small objects (primers, small caliber bullets, etc) will fall into the tracks and you will always be cleaning them out. I use my bench for other projects and didn't want the tracks to disrupt a flat surface.

I just mount my presses, priming tool, powder measures to 3/4" plywood and then clamp them to the bench. When I don't need them, they're removed.
^^this^^ or what you can do is thread and glue in threaded wood inserts that accept whatever size threaded bolt.

I’ve thought really hard on doing a t-track but no matter how much I tried to talk myself into going that route, I always decide against because the reasons above and I don’t think that track will handle a press unless you have the in-line fabs mounting system.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
I had a T track for a couple years. And it worked great. However it caught everything and seemed to be in the way of other things. I now use a flush mount from inline fab and much prefer it.

Reactions: IHFarmer07
Big fan of the Inline Fab mount. I reload in an upstairs office and out in my shop, so I move presses back and forth. I have one of the standard (~8" tall) mounts in my shop and I have the flush mount in the office (bench sits 44" high).

Provided your bench is solid, the IF mounts are very solid. Everything gets bolted through the bench with a hefty washer so the wood doesn't flex as much. I have T-tracks on my drill press table and I like it for that, but I felt going the IF route was sturdier. I have not had any issues with wishing my reloaders were in a different spot or something, and the raised mounts are easy to take off if I do want it out of the way.

The Dillon 550 stays out in the shop mostly now, but it'll come in handy more when I pick up a 750 as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4251.jpg
    IMG_4251.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 816
  • IMG_4263 copy.jpg
    IMG_4263 copy.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 1,031
Reactions: RS14
I went the t-track route and I dig it. I use a IF mount for my press and everything else (vice, trimmer, etc) is secured via the ttrack and 1/4-20 track bolts. Locks down plenty tight. I made plates from plywood that span the two tracks which gives even more holding power, though I’ve found it to be unnecessary generally. The IF plate might be good for presses, but it seems like a lot of moving around to me.View attachment 7769164
Man that’s a great looking bench and I like the wall control peg board. I got some of the wall control for my birthday recently. Now trying to figure out my bench build. Did you build that bench yourself? Would love to see the whole bench and get details on how you built it.

Man that’s a great looking bench and I like the wall control peg board. I got some of the wall control for my birthday recently. Now trying to figure out my bench build. Did you build that bench yourself? Would love to see the whole bench and get details on how you built it.
Thanks, yea I did most of it. I bought the top off Grizzly, had a stencil made and my brother used smokeless powder to burn the stencil into the hardwood top. Then clearcoated over it. It turned out really well. The rest is a 2x4 frame. I’m actually adding WC shelves and making some changes. If you’re interested, I’ll send you some pics when it’s done.

Thanks, yea I did most of it. I bought the top off Grizzly, had a stencil made and my brother used smokeless powder to burn the stencil into the hardwood top. Then clearcoated over it. It turned out really well. The rest is a 2x4 frame. I’m actually adding WC shelves and making some changes. If you’re interested, I’ll send you some pics when it’s done.
Would love to see more picks. Thanks

I went with T-Track but only use it north and south not east and west.....

image.jpg

I can push my press back and mount a vice in front if I need it.

I found some plastic filler to cover the T-Track slots...

image.jpg

Can't remember where I got them. They fit under my my press mount plate and under my back cabinet pretty tight so I can't pull them to get a picture of the profile. They keep everything clean in the track.

I went north/south for install cause I didn't want the rest of my bench cluttered up....

image.jpg

Right.....

T-Tracks for sure. Once installed, there is no downside and so much flexibility.
Dont worry about dropping "primers or other small objects", its a non issue.

we went t track the only it did not go from one end of the table to the other I wanted to leave the right side with out track to mount a vice later on .
I do like the ease of use with it aluminum brass with wide handles to keep things secure

T nuts, only need to drill holes.
Position whatever you are wanting to mount on the bench in the place you want it mounted, draw an outline of the base with a felt marker, drill the holes for mounting, install the T nuts in the bottom of the bench and you are done. Multiple outlines on the bench and they can even overlap. Don't forget equipment base outlines for visual reference of where each piece of equipment goes.
Much easier than installing T tracks, much less expensive and in the end you still have an almost complete bench top.