• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T1x ammo

_newshooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2022
Texas
Hey guys can ya'll point me in the right direction.

I have a T1x and im going to be shooting a comp in September that I want to do decent in. Because of my job, I had to relocate and won't be home for a while, where my gun and comp is. Can someone point me in the direction of what ammos work best for the T1x. I know it depends on the gun and the barrel, but im just looking for a general direction.

So far I shot CCI SV and Sk rifle match (red box) out of the gun. And Im not sure if that CCI lot was a damn good lot, but it shot just as good or even better than the Sk long range. The Sk seems to fail to eject in my rifle, like its pretty tight in there that I can't pull it out with my finger nail kinda thing.

Any feedback greatly appreciated as I don't ant to spend a ton on different brands and different lots. Literally no selection back where im from so I have to find and buy rounds to bring it in for the comp.

Each rifle is going to be different, so unfortunately you will need to test each ammo type in your rifle to see what it likes.

In saying that, if CCI SV is cheap and readily available then just use that.
If its accurate enough for your needs then there is no need to go down the rimfire ammo rabbit hole.
Shooting our to 150m or so CCU SV should be just fine.

I run the exact same ammo in mine. I stash the SK for matches and just run the SV at the range. The SV shoots just as good except I’ll have a flier every now and then . I’ve had a few boxes of SV shoot larger groups but for range time, it’s crazy accurate in my t1x.

For a match though, I’d still run the SK

Reactions: acudaowner
I run the exact same ammo in mine. I stash the SK for matches and just run the SV at the range. The SV shoots just as good except I’ll have a flier every now and then . I’ve had a few boxes of SV shoot larger groups but for range time, it’s crazy accurate in my t1x.

This is the same thing I have experienced. There are guys using CCI SV and doing just fine at local matches. There is the occasional flyer, and many guys will shoot a tested lot of SV or SK in a match, but its generally to counter flyers. Compatibility with the rifle's chamber doesn't seem to be main issue.

[edited for clarity.]

Last edited:
This is the same thing I have experienced. There are guys using CCI SV and doing just fine at local matches. There is the occasional flyer, and many guys will shoot a tested lot of SV or SK in a match.
If it were a steel match, id run the SV no problem... I have no problem hitting 1.5-2" plates at 100 yards with the CCI.... but if it were a BR match and groups mattered, go with the SK to rule out that random flier.

Reactions: ma smith
A

Any extraction issues with the Sk? It cost me a lot of points on timed stages because the case got jammed in there

Has anyone tried the eley stuff in their T1x? Im just looking for rounds that have decent accuracy. I would love to shoot the CCI that shot great out of the T1x in my last match but I only had one brick of that. Now I have a case of "decent" accuracy but isn't necessarily what im looking for.

Does our guns prefer Sk, eley, Lapua?
Or does anyone know which brand/bullet has the same ballistics as CCI where you don't need to dial or hold over as much? I think the Sk was pretty darn close, but looking for something that feeds/extracts more reliably as well

My T1x loves CCI SV under 100 yards. I've been using SK Std+ mostly though because it shoots so good for me, at least out to 200 yards (haven't gone much farther than that).

I tried a few different Eley rounds and they were okay, but not as good as the SK Std +

My T1X hates CCI SV, sends flyers everywhere. Doesn't like the SK or Lapua ammo much either.
Mine prefers Eley ammo. Particularly, Team, Match and Tenex, in that order. If I had to shoot a match and I couldn't find any decent match ammo I would use CCI Subsonic HP. My rifle seems to like that better than anything SK or Lapua, and I have tested all the SK's and including up to Lapua Midas.

Has anyone tried the eley stuff in their T1x? Im just looking for rounds that have decent accuracy. I would love to shoot the CCI that shot great out of the T1x in my last match but I only had one brick of that. Now I have a case of "decent" accuracy but isn't necessarily what im looking for.

Does our guns prefer Sk, eley, Lapua?
Or does anyone know which brand/bullet has the same ballistics as CCI where you don't need to dial or hold over as much? I think the Sk was pretty darn close, but looking for something that feeds/extracts more reliably as well
Eley Standard shoots very similar ballostically to CCI SV in my T1 but is more accurate.

My rifle really likes Eley Club (tiny groups are 30m) but I had a batch that my T1 didn't like at all at longer range.

My T1x shoots most everything well, but leans toward the RWS line. My son's girlfriends T1x likes Eley stuff more.

Mike

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I guess it really is a matter of what my gun likes. Sadly im not with it and can't necessarily test lots before my comp so just looking for the benchmark of what them gun likes

My T1x shoots most everything well, but leans toward the RWS line. My son's girlfriends T1x likes Eley stuff more.

Mike
Have you tried norma tac? If I recall someone saying that those are repackaged RWS so just curious as you can get them for rather cheap

Maybe I’m wrong but it sounds like your rifle may still require some break in. I also had weak ejection on mine when I first bought it. Somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds it sorted its self out and I would only get weak ejection on the last round of the magazine which was much less of a big deal to me. After about 5000 rounds it went away completely. As for ammo, it really is going to depend on your rifle. I won my first local NRL match 3 months ago shooting CCI SV after I ran out of SK Rifle Match the month before.

Maybe I’m wrong but it sounds like your rifle may still require some break in. I also had weak ejection on mine when I first bought it. Somewhere between 500 and 1000 rounds it sorted its self out and I would only get weak ejection on the last round of the magazine which was much less of a big deal to me. After about 5000 rounds it went away completely. As for ammo, it really is going to depend on your rifle. I won my first local NRL match 3 months ago shooting CCI SV after I ran out of SK Rifle Match the month before.
Thanks for the input. I don't think its weak ejection on mine, it just seems super tight for Sk rifle match. Maybe a cleaning is needed

There's no one brand or variety of ammo that will hold a promise to shoot well in a particular rifle. Each lot of ammo can be unique. So, too, can rifle barrels, even from the same manufacturer.