• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T2 or c5b aimpoint on cqb opinions?

it_b_will

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2021
USA
Hello, I was curious if anyone had some hands on experience behind the two and would be willing to push my decision towards one or the other (or potentially both).

I haven’t had much time behind any red dot aside from a comp4 years ago as active duty. I did get to handle the T2 a few times and was pretty much sold on buying one. Was about to pull the trigger for a online purchase yesterday , then came to learn of the C5B.

The part that has me hesitant is the bit of weight increase between the two.

I was planning to run the T2 primarily on a 11.5” 5.56, and occasionally run it at a 45 on the longer barreled toys. Perhaps even give a magnifier a shot.

Thanks for any insight, -Will

(Also please forgive me if I’ve asked this in the wrong forum section and move it accordingly. It seems I’m struggling a bit to catch up on learning how forums are structured nowadays.)

Last edited:
Hello, I was curious if anyone had some hands on experience behind the two and would be willing to push my decision towards one or the other (or potentially both).

I haven’t had much time behind any red dot aside from a comp4 years ago as active duty. I did get to handle the T2 a few times and was pretty much sold on buying one. Was about to pull the trigger for a online purchase yesterday , then came to learn of the C5B.

The part that has me hesitant is the bit of weight increase between the two.

I was planning to run the T2 primarily on a 11.5” 5.56, and occasionally run it at a 45 on the longer barreled toys. Perhaps even give a magnifier a shot.

Thanks for any insight, -Will

(Also please forgive me if I’ve asked this in the wrong forum section and move it accordingly. It seems I’m struggling a bit to catch up on learning how forums are structured nowadays.)

Depends on your needs, both are great.

What appeals to you more?

T2 lighter weight, smaller footprint, CR2032, 6061, better for offset use.

M5B ballistic drop knob, 7075, aaa, slightly better glass and reticle clarity, 2oz heavier and a bit bigger footprint, probably slightly more durable(T2 is a tank anyway).

I don’t have much input at this point, but I just picked up a M5b this morning. I chose this for a multi-cal pistol and thought it would be convenient to swap zeros between 5.56, 300BLK and even between subs and supers. It appears to be a neat setup. Comes with a hand drill to create your own turrets detents. If you don’t intend on swapping calibers or drastic ammo changes, not sure the b is worth the extra cash.

I haven’t had much time behind any red dot aside from a comp4 years ago as active duty.
I have an EoTech 3x magnifier in the PX for sale if you decide to add that. I highly recommend it. 🍻