• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3 Feeding Issue

slickalaus12

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2020
Canada
Hey guys,

Yesterday I pulled out my T3 Hunter 30-06 to shoot it a few times at the range before my next trip. I have never had any cycling issues with it but yesterday I was having to use alot of force to push the bolt down to lock it into place on most cycles. Some were the normal, smooth cycle. I checked the screws holding the action into place and they seem fine. I have been cycling a few rounds this morning and one of the rounds cycles normally every time. The other 2 require force to lock the bolt down. Could it simply be an ammo issue or am I missing something here? Shooting Winchester Power Max Bonded 180 grain

Attachments

• 20200322_095945.jpg
    20200322_095945.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • 20200322_092628.jpg
    20200322_092628.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 67
Have you tried cycling with only one round at a time? Maybe the next round is trying to come up and is messing with the bolt

Have you used this ammo before? I ask that if not, does the bullet profile cause contact with the rifling when chambering?
That bullet has a larger frontal area than normal. Reading again, you may want to measure the shoulders on those, may be inconsistent

My guess would be same as above. Check your shoulder measurement. I know these aren’t reloads but when I’m getting a hard bolt close that either means I didn’t trim cases to right length, bullets seated out too far, or shoulder didnt get bumped.

How often do you clean it? Soak the chamber/throat area and scrub good. Might be some carbon build up.
Just another common trobleshooting technique