• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3x CTR Front Rest and Rear Rabbit Ear Bag for BENCH

quikcolin

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2018
London, Ontario
Hey guys,

I have a Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5CM and also a T3x Stainless Varmint in .223. Both in their OEM Tikka stocks. I’ve been enjoying reloading and hunting down the tightest groups possible. It’s becoming an obsession.

Up until now I’ve always shot off a Harris bipod and Armageddon rear bag. However, I’m beginning to understand that a front rest and a rear rabbit ear bag is a big help in gaining accuracy. Tight groups.

i was considering a Caldwell “The Rock” front rest and a Protektor rear bag (rabbit ears). Not sure if that’s a god setup or not? Open to suggestions.

if I go with Protektor should I get a tall with solid bottom, or standard? O shot exclusively off a concrete bench.

Thanks guys! Like I said I’m open to suggestions!

I’d rather have a good bipod and rear bag.
I can use those anywhere.

I do have a caldwell ROCK and fancy Bunny ear bag but I never use them anymore.

I prefer to improve my shooting skills, not to see how good the rifle shoots without me.

The Protektor bags are great, but they are really designed for using the rest to aim. You may find that front rest suboptimal. Benchrest setups are going to be another rabbit hole because even with a steerable rest, you’re not going to get the best results with the CTR stock since it’s very narrow and isn’t going to track repeatably.

Get a better bipod and a better rear bag...... I know where you can get #2 :sneaky:

PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com

I have just never seen the point in shooting a rifle from a rest. To me it's like remotely driving a car to see how fast it will go. Not fun if I'm not driving. I was in the same boat as you a while back and got a better bipod but still felt like the rear bag was holding me back. They all felt too slippery and like I had to constantly fight with them to get and keep them in place. Give ours a shot and send it back if you don't like it!

Reactions: quikcolin
I have just never seen the point in shooting a rifle from a rest. To me it's like remotely driving a car to see how fast it will go.
I think benchrest versus tactical shooting is more like Formula 1 or maybe even drag racing versus a road race with truly stock cars. Yes, the former is less practical but you can also push the limits of the technology and get performance you won’t in a more practical configuration. Both have their place. You are not going to shoot a 0.1 MOA group at 1000 yards with a bipod and rear bag, I think.

edit: OP, if extreme accuracy and bench shooting are really your interest, you might want to check out accurateshooter. I don’t think that’s what a lot of people here are into.

Get a better bipod and a better rear bag...... I know where you can get #2 :sneaky:

PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com

I have just never seen the point in shooting a rifle from a rest. To me it's like remotely driving a car to see how fast it will go. Not fun if I'm not driving. I was in the same boat as you a while back and got a better bipod but still felt like the rear bag was holding me back. They all felt too slippery and like I had to constantly fight with them to get and keep them in place. Give ours a shot and send it back if you don't like it!

Alright I'll bite :). Check you PM