• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3x lite in a ctr stock?

bwahl

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2018
Bismarck, ND
Maybe a stupid question but would this work? Going to buy a lite in 243 for yote rifle but would like to put it in the ctr stock and ue the ctr mags. Any reason this wouldn't work?

Just remove the mag retention clip/spring from the lite version and you should be good to go.I did it with the original T3 skinny barrel in a wide channel stock. Use the Ctr bottom metal and mag, done.

Reactions: bwahl
When you remove that mag retention clip guard it with your life LOL!
Unless you find an individual willing to part with one you will play hell replacing it if you ever need it again.
Tikka does not sell them as an individual part and the only way to get one from them is to buy the full trigger assembly......
I don't know about anyone else but I've never seen a vendor offer them either.

You will need to clearance the bottom of the action. Of take some material out of the mag itself. Otherwise the mag retainer won’t catch the magazine, it sits to low. I ran into this with the original TRG magazine that used to ship with the CTR. I chose to mod the magazine and don’t have any issues.

You will need to clearance the bottom of the action. Of take some material out of the mag itself. Otherwise the mag retainer won’t catch the magazine, it sits to low. I ran into this with the original TRG magazine that used to ship with the CTR. I chose to mod the magazine and don’t have any issues.
not if its a t3x they are now cut the same as the CTR

Reactions: Hondo1
A standard T3 action without the relief cut will fit the T3X CTR stock without any modifications to the action or the CTR magazine......