• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3x super lite weight???

fadetoblack188

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2020
Ny
So I am reading in the sportsman warehouse site that the super lite 6.5 creedmoor should be 5lb 9oz.

but when I weigh mine bare it’s 6lb 1oz

any idea why this could be

Did you forget to take the sticker off??

All joking aside, it will vary by caliber and barrel length.
22" vs 24"

Interesting... On their website the 300 win mag superlite shows 6lbs even.
Same barrel length. 300 should be less then 6.5
I'm betting they are listing weight for a 22" barrel.

have you calibrated your scale?

I say this jokingly but also as someone who designs/builds/calibrates aerospace tooling for a living it could be your scale vs their scale. The claimed weight could also not have been taken on a certified scale. You're talking a difference of 8 oz and there's a difference between accuracy and resolution of measurement equipment.

8oz is half a pound decent amount I feel no?
have you calibrated your scale?

I say this jokingly but also as someone who designs/builds/calibrates aerospace tooling for a living it could be your scale vs their scale. The claimed weight could also not have been taken on a certified scale. You're talking a difference of 8 oz and there's a difference between accuracy and resolution of measurement equipment.

According to the manufactures website I guess it’s lighter then it should be.

not sure why sportsman says 5.9

5.9lbs is 5lbs 14.4oz

i'd guess a 308 with the 22" barrel hits that mark.

smaller bore and 2" more of barrel will be 3 oz easily.

Reactions: Memberberries
Based on some crude math the barrel weight difference between a 6.5 and a 308 of the same length is about 2 oz. Add to that the additional other weight of going from 22 to 24 and there's your overage.