• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes T5Xi vs XTRIII vs XRS3?

ChrisAU

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
SE Alabama
Looking for an optic for a backup NRL Hunter rifle I'm building. I have an ATACR 4-16x50 on my primary, looking for the next step up in mag range on this one just to see if I like it better in the same style of use or not. Because it's a backup, I'm looking at lower priced options vs the ATACR.

Looking for 56mm obj, 5-25/30 or 6-36, 34mm tube, sub $1500.

Currently considering the XTR III 5.5-30 from CLNY for $1099, Steiner T5Xi 5-25 from EuroOptic for $1499, or a used Bushy XRS 3.

I'm wondering if the XTR may be a better optic from the get go? Not sure where the Bushy fits. Or if there are any options I'm missing?

Check out the xtrii I've got one and other than mirage in windy conditions it's a good scope. By windy I mean above 15mph

Check out the xtrii I've got one and other than mirage in windy conditions it's a good scope. By windy I mean above 15mph

Never liked the glass in the XTRII, XTRII is much better. Hard to beat the deal from cameraland right now.

Never liked the glass in the XTRII, XTRII is much better. Hard to beat the deal from cameraland right now.
First time mine let me down was last month in high winds had to back the power down little too far to cut through the mirage.

Looking for an optic for a backup NRL Hunter rifle I'm building. I have an ATACR 4-16x50 on my primary, looking for the next step up in mag range on this one just to see if I like it better in the same style of use or not. Because it's a backup, I'm looking at lower priced options vs the ATACR.

Looking for 56mm obj, 5-25/30 or 6-36, 34mm tube, sub $1500.

Currently considering the XTR III 5.5-30 from CLNY for $1099, Steiner T5Xi 5-25 from EuroOptic for $1499, or a used Bushy XRS 3.

I'm wondering if the XTR may be a better optic from the get go? Not sure where the Bushy fits. Or if there are any options I'm missing?
brand new bushy only run you ~ 1300$ if you have onX elite. something to consider

Reactions: ChrisAU
My TX5i would have more closely compared to the DMRII, than the other two your are looking at. I would toss it out for the same price as the XTR3 and XRS3.

The t5xi doesn't belong in in this conversation. Both bushy and xtr are better optics. Comes down to personal preference..for my the xtr coatings and my eyes don't like eachother but I am to be in the minority in that reguard

The t5xi doesn't belong in in this conversation. Both bushy and xtr are better optics. Comes down to personal preference..for my the xtr coatings and my eyes don't like eachother but I am to be in the minority in that reguard
i think it's been like 2 or 3 years since i've even seen someone mention the steiner T5 series

The reason I'm trying the T5xi is illumination. I'd feel better if i had seen RKB's post first, but I still got it cheapish. I just took a bath on a brand new XTRIII 3.3-18 on resale, I'll probably do the same on the T5xi one day but I do plan on at least trying it. One day I'll learn to just buy all NF...

If you paid 1400 then yes you'll definitely take a bath on it. The glass in the t5 just isn't on the same level as the other two. Even after steiner got the got the whole tracking fiasco resolved. I'm not a brand whore myself.the whole only buy brand x mentality that we see in here and in the community gets a little tiring. Don't get me wrong in not saying an arken/cheap Athlon ect is going to compete with the t5 even but the t5 was over priced from the get go and that was before burris and bushnell and even the leupold mk5s entered the game with even better glass/features (though I actually liked the t5xis turrets).
Just out of curiosity why the need for illumination? You said it's for an nrl hunter gun. I have yet to hear of a time where a guy needed illumination at a hunter match.

If you paid 1400 then yes you'll definitely take a bath on it. The glass in the t5 just isn't on the same level as the other two. Even after steiner got the got the whole tracking fiasco resolved. I'm not a brand whore myself.the whole only buy brand x mentality that we see in here and in the community gets a little tiring. Don't get me wrong in not saying an arken/cheap Athlon ect is going to compete with the t5 even but the t5 was over priced from the get go and that was before burris and bushnell and even the leupold mk5s entered the game with even better glass/features (though I actually liked the t5xis turrets).
Just out of curiosity why the need for illumination? You said it's for an nrl hunter gun. I have yet to hear of a time where a guy needed illumination at a hunter match.

Agree I wouldn't need to have it at a match, but I like to have the option to hunt with the rifles if I wanted to.