• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ta da... the new LH Rem 700P LTR

Meuse

Exceptionally Average
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Purgatory
Hey fellas, this may not be new info to some here but I thought I'd pass this along.

I had no idea Remington made these. Remington LE says it's new for 2009. My shop was able to track one down for me through a distributor somewhere and I picked it up yesterday. Finally, a decent LH alternative to the SPS varmint - and should make a great future donor.
wink.gif

It came with an X-Mark Pro Adjustable trigger. I sure hope it's an improvement over the original X-Mark. The little factory tag says it comes set at 3 1/2 lbs out of the box - with a 2 lb range adjustment. Mine came set at just under 5 lbs... now set at 3 lbs. It adjusts with a small allen screw.

I've heard talk that Remington may be slowly switching over to the 40-X trigger but no such luck on this one. We'll see how this new one works out.

Rem700LTR001.jpg

Rem700LTR004.jpg

Re: Ta da... the new LH Rem 700P LTR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bolt handle is on the wrong side </div></div>

Yep, Remington finally got it right.
wink.gif

This thing better shoot... I sold my 5R to finally go with a left hander. It's that RH, left eye dominance thing.

Yep, I know all about the 'shoot a RH anyway' thing - I've tried it. Shooting anything but prone really sucked ass. Best wishes to all the 'Saving Private Ryan' types, though.

I would like to have one of those in a `17 Fireball. I was just getting ready to order a SPS(LH) in 17 Fireball, and have been looking at a decent LH Thumbhole Laminated stock for new furniture. I do not care for that SPS stock. Tom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bolt handle is on the wrong side </div></div>

Yep, Remington finally got it right.
wink.gif

This thing better shoot... I sold my 5R to finally go with a left hander. It's that RH, left eye dominance thing.

Yep, I know all about the 'shoot a RH anyway' thing - I've tried it. Shooting anything but prone really sucked ass. Best wishes to all the 'Saving Private Ryan' types, though. </div></div>If your LH LTR shoots like my RH LTR I think you will be pleased. JW

I bought the same rifle about three months ago and it's now dressed in a McMillian desert stock. Looks great with the NightForce 3.5X15 sitting on top.

I just bought one two days ago, and have not shot it yet. I am going to try the hornady tap 168 grain amax, and the hornandy custom with 168 BTHP.

If you don't mind me asking. What did it cost you? My friend is a lefty and looking for a new rifle.

Sure, I paid $984 through a local shop. They did a search and located a distributor with just one. I'd guess various others should have them as well. The RH LTR's are definitely a good bit cheaper, $750 or so.

There was another LH LTR on gunbroker last week at a shop in New Mexico with a Buy It Now of $1199. It was up to $1129 with 5 days left. Ended a few days ago... but I never looked to see what it ended at.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to let him know.