• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAB GEAR Larger Bag

Tburkes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2002
Bandera, Texas
We have received a lot of requests for a larger rear bag using our existing fill material.

I have made three different sizes of a larger size that we will be experimenting with. If any of you have any feedback please feel free to comment and we'll see how this turns out in the final product. I will refrain from making any comments as to which one I prefer, at this time, to keep from biasing any comments from people based on only looking at photographs.

The MultiCam bag is our standard bag that we have been making for years. The 26 ounce and 30 ounce bag are the same width as our standard bag but 1" and 2" longer respectively. The 35 ounce bag is two inches longer and 1/2" wider than our standard bag.

We will be shipping samples out next week for some field testing and evaluation.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Nice Tony, I can see that second and third bag being a hit!

I will have to test them out!

This is getting bad. Im gonna have as many decorative pillows as the gf!

I have a 20oz now and need a little more height at times, so I'm thinking a 26oz. Can you make the self filling bags in the 26oz height?

I put the names in a hat of those guys who have expressed an interest in a larger bag with the same fill from this thread and the thread I made requesting help with the light weight fill.

I have pulled four names out and if these guys want to I will send them prototype bags to field test to see what size they prefer.

EasyGravy
Gohuskers
TheGerman
Jcvibby

If you accept you can keep the bags when testing is finished. You must post your thoughts, both pro and con, here for everyone to see, along with pictures of the bag during testing. I will not give any directions on how to conduct testing protocol. You guys have been here long enough to know what kind of information people will need to make an informed decision on which bag we should choose as the next size bag in the TAB GEAR line of products.

The size that is ultimately chosen will also be offered in our Zipbag line when production begins on it

With the exception of jcvibby, who I met at a match two or three years ago, I have never met any of the other three guys.

Please PM me your mailing address and we will get the bags on the way to you this week.

I put the names in a hat of those guys who have expressed an interest in a larger bag with the same fill from this thread and the thread I made requesting help with the light weight fill.

I have pulled four names out and if these guys want to I will send them prototype bags to field test to see what size they prefer.

EasyGravy
Gohuskers
TheGerman
Jcvibby

If you accept you can keep the bags when testing is finished. You must post your thoughts, both pro and con, here for everyone to see, along with pictures of the bag during testing. I will not give any directions on how to conduct testing protocol. You guys have been here long enough to know what kind of information people will need to make an informed decision on which bag we should choose as the next size bag in the TAB GEAR line of products.

The size that is ultimately chosen will also be offered in our Zipbag line when production begins on it

With the exception of jcvibby, who I met at a match two or three years ago, I have never met any of the other three guys.

Please PM me your mailing address and we will get the bags on the way to you this week.

Well thats just cool as can be!

PM sent, I would also like to buy some things you can throw in the same box please

I like my 20oz, but some situations having a little more would be perfect so my vote is for a 26oz. If that wasn't enough I could always lay the 20oz under it.

Prototypes are enroute to jcvibby, I haven't heard back from EasyGravy, Gohuskers, TheGerman.

I have room for three more testers. If you would like to test the three prototype bags with the following guidelines PM me and we will get you some bags on the way week after next. We will be leaving tomorrow to go do a product demo and won't be able to get the back out until we get back home.

The size that is ultimately chosen will also be offered in our ZipBag line when production begins on them.

Thanks.

PM sent a short while ago. In AZ also and would be more than happy to share/help out, either on my own or with any other Hide locals.

Have a new TacOps Delta that could use a little support. ;)

We have all the testers we need now gents, thank you.

ArmyJerry, ColbyLang, and TheGerman were the first three responders. Thank you to the other guys who volunteered to test out the products.

If you three guys would please PM me your mailing addresses we'll get the bags out to you when we get back in town.

Thanks a lot.

Back in town and the packages will go out to you three guys today.

Tony,
If you come up with another 30oz, I'd like to try it. I'm using a Triad wedge right now, but I'm not that happy with it. I was looking for a different bag before the PRS Finale.

I know we are still pretty early on in this process but is there any indication when these might be available? Im definitely gonna hold out and wait for one, just curious how long that's gonna be. How come we have to wait for everything that's a good product in the long range shooting game. Lol!

EasyGravy
Gohuskers
TheGerman
Jcvibby

Lucky buggers!!!!

Hmmm. Can't wait for these to come to the market. I'd like 30 oz of Freedom please!

I would buy a 30 and 35 oz in Multicam as soon as they are ready. My MRAD demands big fun bags! :)

The the bags today

image.jpg

got mine today as well. excellent quality as usual. can't wait to get to the range.

Going to Peacemaker in WV tomorrow will test them out with the 308, 300 WM, 260, and a SASS 308, Stocks are T4 Chassis, AICS 2.0, and a Mcrees chassis.

Tony, please PM me your email address so I can send you Range Day 1 review. Shooting off the bench

Tony, any ETA on when these will be available for sale? I'm in for a 26 and 30 ounce. Plus I will probably pick up my third SAC. Those things are great!

PM sent Colby.

WilyCoyote, I think I've about decided on the size well go with next. I am waiting on the guys I sent bags to to weigh in with their input before I make a final decision since that's why I sent them out to them.

Easy, yep, been pretty busy with orders lately.

I have always preferred the quality of the TAB bags to others but wanted it to be a little bigger. I would buy a 30 oz.

I lost my TAB 20oz at the SureFire match last weekend. Loved that bag but looking forward to the larger bags. I also like the idea of making the user refillable.

I am thinking the 26oz and or the 30oz may need to be in my pack! Cant wait for these the hit the market! Looks to me like another great product from TAB!

I haven't heard anything back from the reviewers yet but I'm liking the 30oz bag myself. This is the one that is the same width as our regular bag, just two inches longer.

I'll have some of the 30's on the prize table at the Finale this weekend, along with our newest sling. We're calling it the Pinnacle Rifle Sling. If you're there hit me up for a demo of it.

Pinnacle sling you say...

Pics? Features? I just got my hands on an SAC and here you are with another new product...

To Team TAB Gear

I was highly delighted (ok, giddy like a high school girl) to be able to demo the new rear bags. My brother in law and myself took turns trying out the different size bags on the kitchen table at the house. Next day, range day. We brought a variety of guns to shoot to try out all of the different bags. Only one gun had to be shot off of a front rifle rest. All of the others were shot off of an Atlas or Harris bipod. All shooting was done from a bench. Reviews and pictures to follow:

1) Noveske upper SPR with a Seekins Precision lower on an Atlas Bipod.

The goal was to zero the rifle with the silencer attached. Standard size TAB rear bag would only work when stacked with an additional bag. The 26oz bag was better, but didn’t provide enough height. The 30oz bag worked very well. We were able to shoot the rifle from it with no issues. Actually found that the 35oz bag provided the best rest as it has a bit more fill in it. This allows you to squeeze the right amount.

2) Accuracy International AE Mk III on Atlas

Goal was to confirm zero and POI shift with SureFire muzzle brake attached. Again, the standard and 26oz bag did not work for me in this application. Was able to shoot comfortably from the 30oz bag but still find that the 35oz bag worked the best.

3) LMT MWS .308 on Atlas

Goal was to shoot the LMT, looking for a good factory load to shoot with a consistent group. I was able to get good rest and shooting positions with the 26 and the 30oz bags. Found the best way to use the 35 in this situation was by laying it on its side. The extra half inch actually provided a stable shooting platform. Brother in Law found it best to actually lay the 35oz down to shoot.

4) APA built .280 Ackley improved on a Harris Bipod

Goal was to confirm zero before hunting season. This is my deer rifle. I actually found the 26oz bag to work the best for this rifle due to the contour of the stock. Again, the 30 and the 35 worked (as seen in the picture). I actually layed the 35 on its side to shoot.

5) Sako 6.5 Swede

Brother in Law’s deer gun. Shot from a rest. Again, stock contour showed us that the 26oz bag worked well. Shots could also be taken from the other two sizes bags with no issues.

Overall, I’m of the opinion that the new bag should either be the 30 or the 35oz size. Both are very versatile. I can also offer you an opinion after shooting the same group of rifles from the prone position if you’d like.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to try out the new product. Hope my review helps. Thank you for turning out a quality product at a great price. Keep making great gear and I’ll keep buying it!

Colby

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1324.jpg
    IMG_1324.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    875.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1322.jpg
    IMG_1322.jpg
    882.3 KB · Views: 18
Great review. They picked me as well but I never heard back. I really wanted to try these, guess I just have to buy more TAB gear. Great review and heads up on the 30 and 35oz.

Nice review Colby, I look forward to your thoughts after you get the rifles on the ground.

EasyGravy, it was you who didn't respond back to me my friend. If you'll go back and look at the posts we both made you never responded back to me before I made a second post about the original choices not getting back to me and putting the slots back up for grabs. Good luck next time. :)

I have had them out to the range a few times, but only bench so far, I will be shooting ground next week on 3 different rifles then I will right the review. Will be shooting a 600 and possibly a1000+ with them at Peacemaker. If anyone in the area wants to check them out PM me and I will let you know schedule

Based on the use of my 26oz., I would think the combination of a 26 and a 35 would be most beneficial. You can always shift the filler out of the way and make the bag smaller, but when you need that little extra, you can't make the bag bigger. I've taken to carrying a little Red Tac 1/2 Pint around on a carabiner just to make up that little extra bit of difference that the 26 won't get me. If I had a 35, I could get rid of both bags and just carry one, or keep the 26 in the pack if I need a little something extra.