• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAB GEAR Shooting Mat Video

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    As I noted in the Suppressor cover update video,

I recently took a trip to visit Tony Burkes @ TAB Gear, and shot a little video of each product.

Here is their Shooting Mat, a quick short intro from Tony on the Mat and folding it for those who wonder how he gets them so small and compact the first time it arrives.

TAB GEAR Shooting Mat - YouTube

Tony is a really good bloke, I bought one of their shooting rear bags and ammo sacks at Shot. Both are excellent products, very happy with the quality and design.

TAB is one of the gear companies that really supports and backs our community.

The videos look great Frank! We had a good time with you here and appreciate the time you took to shoot the videos for us. I know much more time is involved in editing the footage down to the finished product than in actually shooting the video, so thank for that time as well, it is much appreciated. They will really help a lot when we get them up on the store under each product section.

Thank you 96C, you've been a super customer over the years and your feedback is appreciated. We have been sending a lot of our products to Australia lately and really appreciate our Aussie friends and customers.

Very cool!
    I smiled all the way through the video because 1): it was a cool video,.. Well done Frank, 2) it is a very well thought out product, 3) it is designed and assembled with the mindset that all good companies should model their selves after.

I do have one production question:
    When you make products for dudes like 96C, do you have to cut and sew them upside down and backwards because they operate in the Southern Hemisphere? I know their toilets swirl opposite from ours during a flush but not sure about their shooting gear.

If you need a Theoretical Engineer on staff at TAB Gear, I can be bought with just about any cut of dead cow.

I thought it was magical folding gnomes that packaged items into their small size. Once the initial magic was broken said items would never fold as small again.

Can't believe mere humans do this. Another solid theory of mine dashed by reality.

When did the stake patch come about? I bought my mat in the spring and don't think my vendor had that option.

Thank you for making great products and your customer philosophy.

Hey Terry, thanks a lot, we appreciate your support buddy.

It's not that technical when we're making products for our Aussie customer, we simply sew in reverse for their orders and it all works out perfect. :)

We're always in the market for feedback from our Theoretical Engineering department field representatives. If you get within 100 miles of Bandera give me a shout and and I'll buy you any cut you want.

pmclaine, no gnomes buddy, just us, mostly my daughter or her fiancé rolling up mats.

We've had the stake pouch option from almost day one on our shooting mats. Some of our dealers don't carry every single option that we offer. We have retrofitted some mats with the stake pouch option after the fact. The price is the same as on the site, you're just out the cost of shipping the mat both ways.

Thank you for your business and continued support.

I still count my TAB Gear Cover and Mat amongst the best gear purchases I've ever made since getting into this hobby. Tony's stuff is often copied but never equaled.

I agree, great video! Tony is a stand up guy, awesome to work with, and his gear has been the best we've ran to date, my only problem is, I need more of it.

I agree, I have most everything they have made, needing to buy some more. Tony, keep it up. There hasn't been a TAG gear product released that I wouldn't rate as perfect.

I really wish I could see the video, the link is saying playback error? Am I doing something wrong?

The TAB Mat was the first thing I got from TAB, later a rear bag, covers and slings, everything you need and nothing you don't.

I like this mat much better then my Midway Black Friday mat. I think I'll pick me one up here shortly.