• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tabuk Sniper Build Underway - Need to Settle on a Scope

GS455

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2013
Nashville
I have a spare ONM76B scope and there’s a real outside chance I may have a line on a x39 elevation cam/drum for it but I’m not holding my breath. I understand all variety of optics may have landed on these rifles in Iraq but I think they typically carried ZRAKs (ONM99 – unobtanium) or PSOs. While I’m a huge fan of RSRegulate side mounts I don’t think slapping a Trijicon or other modern optic on this thing will be remotely appropriate.

Many years ago for my PSL I bought from Kalinka Optics a: “PSO 3-9x24 Tigr, 1000m Rangefinder, SVD” from Kalinka. It's a fantastic FFP optic. No longer available of course .

In summary : Where does one go to source a side mount ComBloc type scope cam’d or BDC reticle for 762x39 (and a 20” barrel ???) that’s going to be a decent fit for this build? 4x or 6x, fixed or variable (FFP), would be great. Don’t care about illumination. PSO New POSP? Kalinka? Belomo ? Looks like they sell the same thing. Both Belarusian optics? What is Valdada? Am I looking for a Simonov reticle ? Plenty of modern BDC reticles for x39. Need Combloc side mount.

I’ve believe the BelOMO POSP versions are going to be my best bet from multiple sources and wonder what you would suggest. I don’t really care about the 400 or 1,000m range finder tool nor do I care about illumination . Rather, more concerned with:
  • the Simonov version 100, 200, 400 BDC chevrons for 762x39
  • and whether the rail type will be important OR you’ll have that covered not matter what version I procure (???)

I’ve found 6x versions but probably too large, heavy and overkill for a x39 rifle. Plus they don’t seem to have 400m Simonov reticles

What would YOU use?

For anyone interested I did go ahead and choose the POSP 4x24 T Sniper Rifle Scope for SVD Side Rail. 400m. Two Rivers said to order the version with SVD rail. Now the long wait begins.

This just in.....

1000006869.jpg
1000006868.jpg